Greek Chicken on the High Plains w/Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Plenty of Shenanigans from the 4 yr old... so we've got that covered in spades. :roll: :tsk:

CINCHOUSE wanted to whip up some "Greek Chicken" with "Greek Potatoes." I'm sensing a theme here.

She marinated some chicken boobs (freezer clean-out... I'd prefer thighs... :roll:) once we got some coffee and breakfast in her. I fired up the kettle with the Vortex this evening.

Z6A1jT3l.jpg

She got busy with her Greek potatoes. (Oh. My. Gawd. They were ridiculously good!)

9Gc2jJXl.jpg

The Greek Salad looked good enough to eat!

AOntexKl.jpg

For some reason, I wanted mine in a wrap format... salad and potatoes included - with homemade tatziki and Feta cheese.... almost a shawarma.

8y846Egl.jpg

Had to break out a foil square to hold it all together...

4aFt4AZl.jpg

Fun to see the munchkin destroy the lot. Nobody left the table hungry.

Y'all have a great weekend. Hope to be back tomorrow with a more interesting rib tip adventure. We'll see how it works out.

καλό τρώει

From our family to yours...

Thanks,
Greg

Good food, in Greek.. Ha, ha. That really looks great, and tell your better half she knocked it out of the park on those potatoes

Was a poor attempt at humor. Google Translate took care of the Greek for me.

BossLady's got skills... or so our 4 yr old says. :becky:

Stunning looking feed:thumb:

... sorry you were offended.
Man, you read that wrong... I was talking about MY poor attempt at humor.

"It's Greek to me!" :noidea:

Greatly appreciated.... nowhere close to offended.

Best to you folks up in the Windy City.

Man, you read that wrong... I was talking about MY poor attempt at humor.

"It's Greek to me!" :noidea:

Greatly appreciated.... nowhere close to offended.

Best to you folks up in the Windy City.

Ahh. Crap... Too many Tito's tonight! Thanks my Brother... Ya know we had our winter bash today, I think Ron and the crew corrupted me :grin: Take care my friend!!!

That looks excellent Can you share the recipe for the potatoes

Gladly! - RECIPE LINK

Cliff Notes Version:

8 large potatoes, peeled, cut into large wedges (about 6-7 wedges per potato)
4 garlic cloves, minced (more garlic is a good thing, less garlic is a no-no for this recipe)
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon dried oregano (to taste)
1 large lemon, juiced
sea salt
fresh coarse ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 420°F A reviewer has suggested spraying the baking pan with Pam - that sounds like a great idea!

Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper. Make sure your hands are very clean and put them in the pan and give everything a toss to distribute.

The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won't burn.

Bake for 40 minutes.

When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.

Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.

This will take about another 40 minutes.

Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes- they will be delicious.

I was thinking about stealing those ideas for tonight 'cause we have all that stuff on hand, but just realized we're actually hitting a Greek restaurant for my FIL's 80th - so we're covered!

Great looking and bookmarkable cook as always, Marc!

I hear ya on the 4 yo - people talk about the terrible 2's, but the farkin 4's can be quite the thing as well! Both hilarious and exasperating - often within seconds of each other. Just wait till teenage years. :twisted:

Back