USDA Choice they said...

Rockinar

is Blowin Smoke!
I'm supposed to be dieting and eating lean meat. But I could let some soccer dad get ahold of these a ruin them on a gas grill. I knew I could properly care for them over a coal bed of mesquite like they should be. So I adopted them.

156uvlv.jpg

54bww6.jpg

254zyf8.jpg

Those look better than many prime steaks I've seen. I couldn't have walked away from those either!

I've had a couple scores like that at Costco over the years. It's the reason I always, without exception, make a pass through the meat even if I'm there for something else.

Ya done good :thumb:

I've had a couple scores like that at Costco over the years. It's the reason I always, without exception, make a pass through the meat even if I'm there for something else.

Ya done good :thumb:

Yep... I fondle a packer or two every time I go to any grocery store. You will never know what you will find if you don't look.

I don't get jealous often, but when I do it's usually over good cuts of meat.

Last edited:
I found some chuck roasts that look like that at the local market over the last couple weeks. They were mixed in with very average looking cuts and best of all, on sale for only $2.99/lb. I'm cooking one tomorrow since we're having a snow day.

I think you saved a soccer dad from cardiac failure
Nice grab mate

Nice score. HEB had some Prime grade chuck roasts on sale last week for the same price as select. The marbling was good enough that they caught my eye. Unfortunately, got two frozen chuckies in the freezer already that I paid normal price for. Just kept walking. :(

I too look every time I'm in Depot....

I've found 'Select' briskets that looked like that, and yes, I grabbed them.

Nice snag!

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the grade based off only one portion of the cow? So the carcass could be graded as choice for one part but the steaks in reality could be much higher? I always just look for the best marbling.

Back