Any "inside info"?

Cujo

Found some matches.
Reaction score
First and foremost I MUST qualify that this is not a rant, complaint, or any more than reaching out to see if anyone might be able to shed a little light. Back in the first week of November I ordered my Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 NG. Now I totally understand that given the current environment things are nowhere near "normal", and that with very limited access to restaurants the BBQ market exploded as people ventured to either upgrade or expand their dining options. I also made the conscious effort to support the small guy, the local dealer, rather than go big box or "Mega Shop" supplier. However on the two occasions since I ordered and paid in full for my grill, when I have queried both Napoleon and the local distributor when this grill might finally arrive their responses are somewhat cryptic or maybe not quite dismissive, but nobody seems willing to share much with me. So.... has anyone else experienced the same challenges? How long did you have to wait for your unit to arrive? I am approaching 3 months now waiting....
Cheers

Just a ventured guess, and I know Weber has had many delays with current products as well, so I don't think it out of ordinary. Part of the issue is probably the Natural Gas variant you ordered. Probably 10 to 1 get sold as propane (guesstimate). They might not have all part needed for the conversion or something of that nature.

3 months is a long time though. I had a smoker built from scratch in 6 weeks.

My neighbor ordered a Napoleon in the early summer of 2020. I'm not sure which model. His was delayed quite a bit & took six months or more from ordering to delivery. One issue is the fact that they are manufactured in Canada. In the end, when he did receive it, he was very pleased. They seem to be very well built grills.

Thanks for the replies Locoleonard, and Chester. For the first time I did something very uncharacteristic....I did research..LMAO. And yes I decided on Napoleon because it was a very well built grill and one of the few built to specific fuel use and not "convertible". My gas guy said conversions come with their own sets of problems so by dedicated fuel source. Being a Canadian boy also pushed me to "buy local products" The Napoleon appears to be the best built grill with the most options without having to step over the abyss to "are you bloody crazy" pricing. Agreed that the NG model would be delayed a bit over the standard propane model. I am a bit less concerned now learning that there are guys who have had to wait longer. Thanks.

Regardless of any situation they should not ignore or dismiss your inquiries. If there's a delay they should just tell you that. I think everyone is a little more understanding right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back