Injecting Briskets?

Kade

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I see several people injecting briskets. This is something I’ve never done. Who all is doing it and does it make that much difference? Are you doing it for flavor, tenderness or both? Educate me.

Yes it makes a difference. Makes it taste like what you injected it with.
For me, nothing tastes better than the real thing.

Some people want their brisket to taste like pot roast.
Some people like spinners on their cadillac.

I've injected only once and yes it makes a difference.

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled!

Sorry, had a bit of a Dave Chapelle moment there. Lol

------
Check out my BBQ Instagram!
@headforthehillsbbq

I see several people injecting briskets. This is something I’ve never done. Who all is doing it and does it make that much difference? Are you doing it for flavor, tenderness or both? Educate me.

You can add flavor and it helps retain moisture. Some people look down on it but in competition it makes a difference. I don't think it does much in the way of tenderness. Just moisture and flavor.

At home I inject but you don't have to. Try it for yourself and see if you like it.

Aaron Franklin invented the idea and I believe he uses pickle juice. :grin:

Dr., Leo, Maaarvin, Dooctoor, Leeo, Maarrviinn...

We inject for competition and sometimes at home. Definitely adds flavor and juiciness. If you're worried about having too strong of flavor other than brisket you can try just injecting with beef broth and see how you like it. The commercial injections, like Butchers or Meat Church, certainly give it a stronger "beefiness"

Always inject, makes for a nice moist brisket. Burnt ends (if you’re into cubing those) will fall apart in your mouth but not your hands

Yeah so uh I'm almost 99.9999999 percent sure Aaron Franklin is as much a BBQ purist as anyone ever and he doesn't inject his briskets with anything. Why would he need to when he has access to some of the highest quality beef in the US?

Its really helps select grade brisket injecting "homemade" beef stock with lots of collagen/gelatin. And im talking about stock when cold is like jello.

Yeah so uh I'm almost 99.9999999 percent sure Aaron Franklin is as much a BBQ purist as anyone ever and he doesn't inject his briskets with anything. Why would he need to when he has access to some of the highest quality beef in the US?

I guess you have seen how well he did in a KCBS comp? Might be a good reason for injecting. I inject 99.9 percent of my briskets, but then again I don't cook a hundred like Aaron does every day.:-D

I guess you have seen how well he did in a KCBS comp? Might be a good reason for injecting. I inject 99.9 percent of my briskets, but then again I don't cook a hundred like Aaron does every day.:-D

ssshhh, let them believe......

Back