New smoker—worth the wait

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Drove to Austin on Sunday and went to Burnt Bean Co. in Seguin. Really enjoyed the food, but the restaurant vibe and atmosphere was really cool as well. Would definitely recommend.

Today made a stop I have been wanting to make at C-M Smokehouse in Bouldin Acres. Finally got to try the infamous brisket Crunchwrap, and it did not disappoint. Also got some pork crispito tacos and wings which i really enjoyed. The setup is really cool with the pickle ball courts, dog park, and beer garden (i don’t drink).

Lastly went to pick up the new smoker tonight instead of tomorrow to try and beat the storm home. We lost our son in 2020 and buried him on the day we were supposed to bring him home from the hospital. I decided this smoker we would be a memorial to him and painted in the color of the baby blanket he was supposed to come home in. I also picked the name, but other than that Ryan had creative free reign on other paint schemes and designs how he saw fit. Couldn’t be happier with the finished product. It’s hard to see in the shop lighting but I had to snap a few pics while I could, should be a light sea foam pastel green. Couldn’t ask for a better builder.

406533-EB-D762-48-F6-B2-CB-BA71-A1-FFDBED.jpg

7405118-B-5366-4-CE7-8-BBF-D6849-CA1-CABF.jpg

280-AE76-D-144-A-4-BBC-9787-1-A7-F09-BD3-B2-A.jpg

3-AF73497-6-F3-A-4-ECF-BCBC-BFD8-A794059-D.jpg

7-DDE8405-0-D6-A-48-DD-AF8-E-6-D89-B2-D8556-B.jpg

35-E7-C8-BF-6695-4047-AD10-AAAA6222-F4-F5.jpg

77-B9-C1-BB-1483-4751-B490-7-D7-EB487-F454.jpg

I,m very sorry for your loss.

That smoker is beautiful, great tribute

No parent should have to lose a son/daughter. Praying for you all.

Great looking smoker. Bet it makes great food and memories.

A parent's worst fear. Y'all are stronger than me for sure. That is a great tribute to your son!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

What a grand thoughtful tribute.
God Bless and prayers for peace and strength.

So sorry to hear about your child, as was said, no parent should ever have to bury their child. Beautiful smoker.

Holy sh*******t shes a beauty! I'd almost be afraid to cook on her for fear of getting her dirty. Con-freaking-grats!

My condolences on your loss.

That's a beautiful rig and a great tribute. Having been on the road you are on I can say that I feel for you and we'll keep you in our prayers.

That's tough there. Sorry for your loss.

Unimaginable sadness. The smoker is a nice tribute.

I wish you both peace and strength. And a lot of great Q.

That's tuff for sure, prayers are with your family. Very thoughtful tribute and very fitting it turned out so beautiful

I recently went through an extremely scary medial incident with my 1 year old...I know we don't personally know each other, and I would never dare compare it to your loss, but this certainly got me emotional. I truly wish the best for you and your family. May this new chapter bring your family close and good food to boot!

beautiful piece of equipment there too!

Wow, that hits hard. Very sorry for your loss and hopefully rolling some smoke on that beautiful tribute of a smoker gives some semblance of solice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very sorry for your loss can’t imagine it. Really nice smoker and tribute. Enjoy. Hope you post pics of your cooks. Stay safe

Back