Best remote thermometer

bkvanbek

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
What is the best remote thermometer with two or more probes? Smart phone controls are nice. Anyone have the ThermoPro?

I'm going to say thermoworks smoke. Have to spring for the extra gateway for the phone app which puts you about $189

I have the smoke with gateway, maverick-732 and 733. The mavericks have always met my needs, been good and reliable. The smoke is awesome too but with the gateway i can get it to my phone with their app. I can see myself using that now, i like how i can now generate graphs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the Thermopro TP-08. I have used it on some short cooks as well as a few very long ones. Works flawlessly. I cannot connect to my phone but can bring the remote with me all around the house and have never lost the connection. For the price I would recommend it. I'll probably end up getting another one for another smoker. The temp is accurate with boiling water at 212 degrees which I always check to make sure before a cook. I really like the alarms on it to notify me of the temps if I accidentally drink too much and have a little nappy. Overall it has bee a good reliable thermo.

I just got my Inkbird 6 probe and I like it. The app is great on the phone and I have had great connectivity with the Bluetooth. I have not lost signal with it anywhere on my 1.5 acre yard.

Check the brethren sales and ventures section as I think he's running a 15% or 20% discount right now!

So far the best one I have used is the Inkbird. I have used Nutemp, maverick and iGrill. I have not tried the Thermosorks Smoke, but with the quality of other thermoworks products I have no doubt that Smoke is good.

If you want to monitor w/ your phone from anywhere via the cloud, I would HIGHLY recommend fireboard.com. VERY cool product. Otherwise, as mentioned above, the Thermoworks Smoke has such a great quality about it. I did order the gateway, but haven't received it yet. You really can't go wrong with either. Otherwise, Maverick is a great device if you're on a budget.

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
I too wanted a smoke but the inkbird brethren deal at around $50 with six probes and Bluetooth? Couldn't resist it. I had one minute of buyers remorse when the smoke open box deal came up but honestly it was still another 30 bucks and less probes. My inkbird has been rock solid for several weeks and it gets used 4-6 times a week. But with that being said I'd protect my thermapen mk4 with all the fervor the 2nd amendment allows.:)

I'll concur on the Fireboard praises, very happy with mine, setup took 2 mins and it has been working flawlessly.

I have both the Smoke and a Maverick 732. As mentioned above, the Maverick was a work horse and I never had any complaints with it. I bought the Smoke during their open box sale, and it's a pretty slick device. It's easy to use, and registers the temperature a lot quicker than the Maverick. And, I like the fact that it has a light up screen so I don't always need a light in my pocket to check out what's going on.

I'm intrigued by the Inkbird that some brethren have mentioned above...

Back