THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
My Q Shack was out of commission for a while for a new siding project on the house. The rain and snow delayed it and I was not happy.

zt8rrt9h.jpg

I'm up and running again and started the day off with a light brunch. :-D

88oMEBCh.jpg

3eZ3gOJh.jpg

I'm putting some lamb chops on the fire soon today. Much fun and rejoicing! :-D

Last edited:
The steak looks great, as do the prepped lamb chops, but it would be difficult for me to get back to work after such a big steak. I would need a nap after that. Glad to see there is smoke (the good kind) coming from your place!

I've never had smoked lamb before. I definitely want to try it now!

It's the only way I will eat lamb. I detest the traditional oven cooked lamb with mint sauce.

Put some smoke / sear on lamb, and I'm all over it. :-D

It's even better with Chimichurri, but I didn't make it for the chops:

Chimichurri - Steve Raichlen

1 large bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, washed, stemmed, and dried
8 cloves of garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons minced onion
5 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, or more to taste
5 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Step 1:Finely chop the parsley and garlic in a food processor. Add the onion, vinegar, water, salt, oregano, pepper flakes, and black pepper and process in brief bursts until the salt crystals are dissolved. Add the oil in a thin stream. Do not over process; the*chimichurri should be fairly coarse. Correct the seasoning, adding salt or vinegar to taste.

Step 2:Chimichurri is quick to make, so I usually prepare it as I need it. If you do choose to store it, transfer it to a jar, cover, and refrigerate. It will keep for several weeks, but it loses its bright green color in a day or two. Be sure to taste and reseason before serving.

Last edited:
It all looks delicious, John!
Congratulations on the new siding!

Back