Home Canned Bacon

One year for elk camp we had decided to share the cooking duties, one guy brought along the canned bacon in the metal cans with the little key to remove the lid. Your's looks about 1,000 times more appetizing.

One year for elk camp we had decided to share the cooking duties, one guy brought along the canned bacon in the metal cans with the little key to remove the lid. Your's looks about 1,000 times more appetizing.

:laugh: I bet that was interesting. :grin:
Thanks!

Jen I have canned since I was a lad.... never would have thought about bacon.... if the crap hits the fan and our electrical grids are taken out..... can I come visit :wink: I do not mind sleeping in the cellar:cool:

Jen I have canned since I was a lad.... never would have thought about bacon.... if the crap hits the fan and our electrical grids are taken out..... can I come visit :wink: I do not mind sleeping in the cellar:cool:

First... Happy Birthday Paul! Hope you are enjoying the day!! :grin:
You're welcome here anytime. lol
I know you put out some amazing food, I bet your canned goods are delicious too! We'll be eatin' high on the hog if the world goes to heck. :laugh:

Thanks for the kind comment! :grin:

I was raised by a Granda and Mother that canned all the time and I never heard of canning bacon. Live and learn...

BTW, its a great idea. Now if I just knew how to get those lids on/off the can...

What? Mind blown! I had to read it twice just to process it all. Wicked smart.
Thanks ulc! Living in the middle of nowhere, my electricity goes out fairly often due to bad weather. It's nice to have some shelf stable food on hand. :grin:

I was raised by a Granda and Mother that canned all the time and I never heard of canning bacon. Live and learn...

BTW, its a great idea. Now if I just knew how to get those lids on/off the can...
I bet your Grandma's and Mom's canned goods were delicious! Thanks Kevin! :grin:

How long till I find this on the shelves of my local grocery store? It could make millions.
Thanks Craig! lol Everyone needs to make their own. :laugh:

Didn't see that one coming... WOW! You never cease to amaze...

giphy.gif

Jeanie,

I always love your posts, I might have to try this one. It did remind me I need to make another 5 gallon batch of my meat sauce, pressure canning is pretty fun...

Thanks
Greg

Back