Contest Announcment Smokin' on Big Creek - April 2-3, 2010

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Just wanted to point out we're back on the schedule for 2010 in Pleasant Hill, Missouri. Couple of new things... first off this year, we're adding a dessert category. Secondly, we're expanding the People's Choice and cutting out the live band. We have had very little audience for them the last two years and that's a $1,000 expense that is better spent elsewhere. We'll put people's choice under the pavilion and really advertise it heavily to the public. Jeff Spurgeon said his business (KC Customs) will again buy wings and butts for folks. We're also looking to find a sponsor for the prize money and would like to see a really nice payout for that. The People's Choice draws a LOT of people in Pleasant Hill and as such, it grabs the attention of sponsors, which will make the contest better. So we encourage all teams to enter people's choice!!! Details are on our Web site. We already have about 10 CBJs signed up and our first paid team already.

You can expect the same cooker friendly contest as we've had the last two years with our excellent volunteers who are very familiar with the world of competition barbeque!

One other item of note - you might notice the KCBS Web site will be advertising $3,000 purse. This is because for the first time, we were required to guarantee a purse with KCBS. I only guaranteed a 25 team contest, although we have no reason to believe we will be less than 50 once again. Therefore we expect payout to be the same (or if we get the sponsors) better than last year. We will let KCBS know when we are able to guarantee more. Just didn't want anyone to be alarmed by the KCBS advertising.

Our Web site (and the entry form) is available at www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com.

Looking forward to another great contest in 2010!

You know of a Spicewine that could be rented for this event? :)

I think MY Spicewine has already been spoken for for this contest. I'll let you know if it is not though. I'm sure someone would have a smoker you could use for it though.

You know we will be there in our usual roll! We had a blast last year. And don't forget a brethren took home the top prize.

I'll probably be there, but that weekend is my 10 year wedding anniversary. Audrey may pull in audible.

I call dibs on getting my spot back from last year.

I'll probably be there, but that weekend is my 10 year wedding anniversary. Audrey may pull in audible.

I call dibs on getting my spot back from last year.

Tell Audrey that I said Tammy and I cooked together on our 11th anniversary in Harrisonville August 22. Then don't let her near me in Philly! :shock: :lol:

Bout time for you to cook with a team, you master judgen farker.

Yeah, yeah, yeah :rolleyes: !

BTW - I cooked with a team 3 or 4 times before I screwed up the ol' back so I'm good there, but I'll probably try to "pit bitch" for a few teams this year so that I can improve my own cooking. Are you offering lessons, Lee :biggrin:?

Back