Almost Over COVID19 - What Should I Cook? Ahi Tuna Steaks not an Option :(

TBoneMac

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm almost over COVID19, and have been contemplating what to cook as sort of a "celebration".

But there was no competition - I have been craving pan-seared Costco Ahi Tuna steaks like never before. I've always loved them, and they have been on my mind lately, even while eating can after can of Campbell's Chicken Soup.

So today, I ventured out to Costco to buy some fresh Ahi tuna steaks. Only to discover that they are out of stock, and haven't been available for months.

Damn, I say DAMN!

I check with Whole Foods in my area, and they are out of stock as well.

Is there any recourse?

Actually, I'm asking for a friend...I'm not panicked...really I'm not...I'm calm and UnDer CoNtroL. IM' oK.

A nice thick boneless Ribeye.....done Med. Rare would be a good second choice.....First Choice for many. Surely someone in your part of TN could help you there.

Hope you feel better soon.

A nice thick boneless Ribeye.....done Med. Rare would be a good second choice.....First Choice for many. Surely someone in your part of TN could help you there.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks...yes those boneless Choice Grade ribeyes from Costco are certainly good eaters. We have them on Christmas Eve every year.

THICK filet paired with a jalapeno cheddar mashed potaoes, grilled asparagus.
Desert a homemade peanutbutter and marshmello fluff milkshake.

All yeah and around 12 good beers while your cooking.

I've been buying ahi from Wild Fork. Overwhelmed with their quality and fast shipping. Did a prime brisket and cold smoked a salmon from them today.

Great stuff.

I've been buying ahi from Wild Fork. Overwhelmed with their quality and fast shipping. Did a prime brisket and cold smoked a salmon from them today.

Great stuff.

Cool, thanks. I just ordered a few sashimi-grade tuna steaks from them. Again, thanks for the advice.

No problem. They’re customer service is by far the best I’ve seen. I wanted a salmon fillet to cold smoke. Placed an order. Well, you can’t order one thing so I ordered a bunch of different things because I really like their sausage. I received my order without the one thing I wanted, the salmon fillet. Within 20 minutes of emails, they sent me the fillet next day.

Very happy with them.

• Thanks
Reactions: scp
Ok. Let me get this straight.... You have this damn virus and you went to Costco and Whole Foods looking for Tuna? Damn man, and I thought my mask wearing habits were a little on the weak side.
LOL

Fried spam. Better than you deserve if you went out in public with Rona.You’re welcome,Richard!

No problem. They’re customer service is by far the best I’ve seen. I wanted a salmon fillet to cold smoke. Placed an order. Well, you can’t order one thing so I ordered a bunch of different things because I really like their sausage. I received my order without the one thing I wanted, the salmon fillet. Within 20 minutes of emails, they sent me the fillet next day.

Very happy with them.

Just checked that site out(wild fork)...not bad prices...some really hard to find items...and 7.95 overnite shipping

Ok. Let me get this straight.... You have this damn virus and you went to Costco and Whole Foods looking for Tuna? Damn man, and I thought my mask wearing habits were a little on the weak side.
LOL

No, you have it wrong. I'm over the virus, with a letter in hand from the Tennessee Department of Health saying I'm free to leave quarantine.

He was calling ya a "dick". Probably meant it in the kindest manner possible....maybe.
Anyhow, congratulations on yer recovery.
I'm sure Hoss will feel terrible when he visits this thread again. If he doesn't I'll pm him on yer behalf..

So...what is it ya decided on?

-D

Mac

Report back on the sashimi-grade tuna from Wild Fork...so we have two testimonials. This place has me intrigued...more so for some of the off the wall stuff.(flap meat,grouper,branzino filets, great price on berkshire chops etc)

Thanks...and congrats on kickin the virus!

He was calling ya a "dick". Probably meant it in the kindest manner possible....maybe.
Anyhow, congratulations on yer recovery.
I'm sure Hoss will feel terrible when he visits this thread again. If he doesn't I'll pm him on yer behalf..

So...what is it ya decided on?

-D

Yes, I'm sure Hoss meant it in a very nice way. :wink:

I decided on some sashimi-grade Ahi tuna steaks from a place called "Wild Fork". Should be delivered on Wednesday. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Mac

Report back on the sashimi-grade tuna from Wild Fork...so we have two testimonials. This place has me intrigued...more so for some of the off the wall stuff.(flap meat,grouper,branzino filets, great price on berkshire chops etc)

Thanks...and congrats on kickin the virus!

Will do. Tuna should be delivered on Wednesday. I'll cook it on Thursday and let y'all know what I think.

Thanks.

Back