1st Offset Pork Shoulder cook: in progress (Pron)

That looks fantastic - nice work! Thanks for putting up the pron.

...They always come in two separate pieces (boston butt and picnic?). One is always a little smaller than the other. :-D

If they're roughly the same shape, then you have two butts. That's how they're normally sold, in pairs at the large place. If it has a pinic in it, you'd see what looks like a ham knuckle a very different shape from a butt.

That's the details.

Great looking cook and the breakfast shot is money!

If they're roughly the same shape, then you have two butts. That's how they're normally sold, in pairs at the large place. If it has a pinic in it, you'd see what looks like a ham knuckle a very different shape from a butt.

That's the details.

Great looking cook and the breakfast shot is money!

Thanks for the knowledge Okie, they are marked as "shoulder" on the package so I was never quite sure. I always just assumed it was a whole shoulder, separated. I think I would prefer buying bone in butts, but the local grocery stores can't compare to the price at Costco per #. I really have no complaints about the product though so I just stick with what works. Thanks again, the breakfast was fun to make. I think that will be a staple during all day cooks. Think I'll make a breakfast fattie next time to go with the eggs. :-D

Back