What type of cooker do you have?

S

slat

This has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything on it.
Just like to know what everybody is using. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.

Duplicate threads don't seem to be much of a problem around here, Slat - everyone is happy to provide whatever their latest thinking is on certain subjects.

I use the smoker noted in my signature. I formerly used the Weber kettle and charcoal corals to do indirect smoking - but the Brinkmann just has a lot more space and cooks at much lower and slower temperatures.

Are you looking for some specific information like which cookers hold steady temps better for example?

/Brother Dave

I own a bunch of different cookers-- all listed down below in my sig, but the one I cook on the most is the Klose Backyard Chef. I use the Meadow Creek for parties and stuff like that. Willy and Georgiette only get used once in a while. The ECB and the Char-Griller generally remain in the bullpen.

As of yesterday a large BGE. I also have a Sunbeam gasser that has served me well.

Here she is:
PitE.jpg

Got a Chargriller pro!

Gator Pit ~ Back Yard Classic Chef XL

Link to pictures of it below.

I have the luxury of cooking on several different cookers. i get sponsored in my competition 'que. In addition to the ones in my signature, I spent about 6 mos (8 contests) cooking on an FEC-100. It's a great machine.

The double walled King Gator is about my fav. - It is versatile, and holds its temp like a champ in 4 degree weather.

big red.jpg

The custom Spicewine in production will be the crown jewel, bu for now the pic below is what I'm cooking on (all in my signature except the Weber gasser and a third kettle still in the box)

Last edited:
Weber Silver gas grill, about to be refurbished.
GOSM insulated stainless steel gasser
Chinese bandera
Brinkman professional dual zone charcoal grill
Ugly Drum Smoker, coming soon, maybe.

Cant beat a fire resistant cabinet that holds 2 55 gallon drums. It keep heat in great. I will soon have my 7 foot tall custom somewhat bandera. I will post soon.

I have a NB Black Diamond horizontal, a NB Bandera vertical (my second one, both the old kind made in Texas) a couple of small Weber Kettles (the old one and the new one) and a cheap bullet wet smoker for camping trips. Somewhere, I also have a Weber Little Smokey grill and an old antique grill that looks like a modified cast iron Dutch oven with vents and grills installed. Cannot remember its name but is is kind of a classic. I like them all. In fact I am not too picky about what I use as long as it holds the heat and moisture required for smoking or grills hot with a good cover. In the future I would like to try a Big Green Egg and one of those electric smokers. I have heard good things about both. Spicewine's units also look great and will be on the top of my list if I get another big unit. To me it is all about the results. Good tools are fun to use and once you develop a successful technique it is fun to see the faces of the diners. To me BBQ id 60% pit master, 30% meat, and 10% cooker.

Imperial Kamado (Modern Large w/BGE mods) Large Big Green Egg, GOSM 3605, New Braunfels Black Diamond w/mods, WSM, Red Weber Performer Touch n Go w/EZ-Q Rotisserie, Red Weber Bar-B-Q-Kettle (pre 1979) Red Weber One Touch 22.5", 18.5" Bar-B-Kettle, 55 gallon BFarkin'DS w/Weber kettle lid mod,2 Little Chief electric smokers. Another 55 gallon drum and a bunch of scrapped out Weber kettles in the back of my truck covered with snow! Coming soon-The Alton Brown gym locker cold smoker with fan mod!

Here's a pic of me and my team cooking on the Lyfe Tyme, not the greatest pic but you get the idea:rolleyes:.....It still needs a few mods but it's up for the challenge:biggrin:......I also posted a pic of my former:cry: cooker the Texas Legend.....previous thread on her explained why I don't have her anymore......but she was and is one sweet pit. I also cook on a horizontal barrell type pit (Texas Hibatchi) and hoping to get another trailered pit in the near future:wink:....just weighing my options at the moment!!

Attachments

• lyftym.jpg
    lyftym.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 237
  • t.l.newhome3.jpg
    t.l.newhome3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 235
Back