Flap Meat

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds so dirty, but tastes so good...

Been slacking off during the Corona lockdown. Pulled a 20oz. piece of flap from the deep freeze. Some Wyld Seasonings Timberine Rub and on the Big Joe.

Forgot to snap a pic, but in the mean time, some brussels, asparagus, mushrooms & onion.

fFdcIeah.jpg

Done! Rest a bit.

EiwInYCh.jpg

And slice.
2TXFMHAh.jpg

I grabbed the rare side... Good stuff Maynard!

OQyS4oFh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Love me some flap meat. I recently picked up 30lbs of hanger steak from RD. Took me forever to trim it up, but man was it worth it. Its like a cross between filet mignon, and boneless short rib.

Tenderness of Filet mignon, and beefy flavor of short rib.

Love me some flap meat. I recently picked up 30lbs of hanger steak from RD. Took me forever to trim it up, but man was it worth it.
Yep, Hanger is a PITA to trim, but oh so good. Someone told me about flap meat a few years ago. Finally found it at RD a few months ago. Much easier to trim. Not sure which one I like better.

Andy,
That is true meat pron!! I never thought of adding all the extra "stuff" to sprouts... man that looks good, I'm stealing the side dish :-D nice job my friend!!!

Thanks,
Greg

Yep, Hanger is a PITA to trim, but oh so good. Someone told me about flap meat a few years ago. Finally found it at RD a few months ago. Much easier to trim. Not sure which one I like better.

Flap is easy, but hanger has the tenderness, and beefy flavor. That said, i would prefer flap over flank and flat iron.

I will thaw a trimmed Hanger i froze last month and make a post soon. Any suggestions on how to prepare it? My last approach was chimichurri , but im looking for other ideas.

I will thaw a trimmed Hanger i froze last month and make a post soon. Any suggestions on how to prepare it? My last approach was chimichurri , but im looking for other ideas.
That's the same thing I've always done with hangers. Chimichurri.

Hell yeah Andy!

Flap is one of the best beef cuts ever hands down.

This is new to me! What cut does flap meat come from? It looks delicious that’s for sure.

Flap is easy, but hanger has the tenderness, and beefy flavor. That said, i would prefer flap over flank and flat iron.

What prices are you boys seeing on Flap and Hanger at RD? No RD locally for me. So the next time I go to Kansas City, I plan on hitting the RD for freezer stocking.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
This is new to me! What cut does flap meat come from? It looks delicious that’s for sure.

I believe it's part of the bottom sirloin. The skirt is attached below it.

What prices are you boys seeing on Flap and Hanger at RD? No RD locally for me. So the next time I go to Kansas City, I plan on hitting the RD for freezer stocking.
Hanger is more expensive than flap, I think it was 5.79 when I was buying the flap. Flap was under $4. Both need to be trimmed, so the price per lb goes up some once you trim them.

I use flap meat almost exclusively for fajitas for the past 8 years or so

That's the same thing I've always done with hangers. Chimichurri.

I love Chimichurri, makes everything taste better. I used to date and Argentinian girl, who always made it. One night she got mad and threw a brick at me from the top of the stairs, nailed me in the back. That's another story.

Back