DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With the February ***SPECIAL*** “Foods You Love” Throwdown going on now, (Link: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4553210#post4553210) I decided to make something I “Love!”, Fajitas.

Here are the bell peppers, onions and the rub. (Recipe for the rub can be found here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281617)

Here are the chicken breasts and the skirt steak I used.

I cut 3 of the chicken breasts in half horizontally to allow for more surface area for the rub. (Had to double the rub recipe because of this) It also allowed the chicken to cook faster and provided more grill / seared markings.

After applying the rub, I put them in a Ziploc bag and put them in the fridge for nice nap.

I then proceeded to cut up the bell peppers and onions and put them in a Ziploc as well. I also made a fresh batch of Pico de Gallo so I could make up a bowl of guacamole.

Also made a batch of my Mexican rice and some black beans.

Once our guests had arrived, I put the chicken breasts on the Redhead, indirect to start.

After they had started to firm up, I moved them over the coals for some grill marks / char.

After a few minutes, I moved them over to my 12” C.I. skillet to finish them up and provide some fond in the skillet for the veggies. It also made room for the skirt steak on the Redhead.

Here’s the fond from the chicken breasts.

Once the skirt steak was mostly done, I put my Fajitas platter over the coals to get it smoking hot.

Now I put the veggies in the C.I. skillet to give them a head start on softening.

Once the veggies had started to soften, I retrieved the Fajitas platter from the Redhead and placed it on the wooden trivet. I placed a few tongs full of the veggies on the hot platter and was rewarded with that awesome Fajitas sizzle and aroma. I then laid a nice amount of both chicken and steak on them and took these pictures with the blood orange margarita I’d been enjoying.

20220218_174210 by Jeffrey Koch, on Flickr

I now took everything inside and we proceeded to eat. I usually make up Tacos from the Fajitas and side fixings. Here’s a few gratuitous close ups of them. Here’s the steak.

Here’s the chicken.

Everything was delicious.

Thanks for looking.

Man, oh man!! That is some impressive cooking and even more impressive results! Awesome dish!!

I "LOVE" Fajitas!

I love fajitas too. They look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back