BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "BBQ Spaghetti"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[size=+2]"BBQ Spaghetti"[/size]
IP0203_Neely_BBQ_Spaghetti_lg.jpg

Photo from Food Network

This week Divemaster has chosen BBQ Spaghetti. Something in the dish must have been grilled/smoked. Will any of the brethren be daring enough to grill/smoke the noodles? We'll soon find out!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 6/15 - 6/21 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 6/22.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 6/23 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 6/28. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the Taco throwdown, BobBrisket!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

does a can of spaghetti O's warmed up in its can on the grill count????

How do you keep the spaghetti from falling thru the grill? My wife suggested Spaghetti-O's on a skewer, but that sounds like a lot more work than just heating up the can...

How do you keep the spaghetti from falling thru the grill? My wife suggested Spaghetti-O's on a skewer, but that sounds like a lot more work than just heating up the can...

Joking aside....the only way I can eat Spaghetti-O's is cold from the can with a spoon.

Joking aside....the only way I can eat Spaghetti-O's is cold from the can with a spoon.

Are you sure your not still joking?:biggrin:

Spaghetti will be an interesting challenge but with plenty room to maneuver in.

I'm in.

How do you keep the spaghetti from falling thru the grill?
I would recommend lying them across the grates so they are perpendicular to the bars. If you lay them in parallel to the bars, it may fall through.:biggrin:

I suppose you could always make your own spaghetti noodles, maybe make them your desired thickness. It's up to you really, rules have already been laid out. After that, it's all up to the voters to decide what they vote on (or not) for whatever reason.

How cool!!
There are going to be some serious high temps on them grills boiling all that water. Count me in on this one.

I have a few ideas of mine for this..might be my first throwdown.

On a side note, I was thinking it would be better to sticky the current weeks throwdown and the current voting session to make it easier to find, especially for those that might be new to the site.

Each week the post can be unstickied and a new one added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, yet another damn contest I can't compete in because I have already done it and to do so again and take more pictures is stupid.

do it again, man! i do the same stuff all the time and still take pictures...
or are you saying i'm stupid :shock:

enuf with the excuses, just do it! :biggrin:

Not saying your stupid... Its stupid for me to:

Cook it.... I don't need to cook it... The thought of firing up my Meat Mamma (small Pit) to do 12 dollars worth of stuff is stupid.

Buy Film - 35MM
Have Film Developed
Tranfer to digital to post here

for a recipe I committed to video long ago is stupid. If I were cooking some this week it would be different...

I could lie and say I did a new batch but with the way I post here everyone would know.

So i posted my stuff here to "sort of participate" and possibly add to the discussion but not actually compete due to the rule.

Yes! LOL

:biggrin:

My girlfriend just asked me the same thing - I'm at work and can't stop laughing - btw rtd - AWESOME STYLINGS ON THE EGG MACHINE!!!

Hang the spagetti from paperclips in the BDS

Otherwise - apply the Spagetti mod./pasta racking system - turn your veggie basket upside down and drape the pasta over it piece by piece.

Seriously - wet al dente pasta smoked for about 5 minutes gives a nice toasty flavor like a toasted bun or roll...

Back