"Family Recipes!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, May 2nd!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Family Recipes!"

wleb7cC.jpg

As chosen by Texas Hogger for winning the "Ground Meats" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Texas Hogger said:
The other day while I was kicking back in the Official Throwdown Lounge, CivilTrojan came up with a great idea for a Throwdown. I said I'd swipe it if I ever won another Throwdown.

Chad's idea is for a Throwdown based on family recipes, which could go many different ways. Maybe based on a recipe that’s been handed down for generations, or is a secret, maybe it’s a dish that is unique to your family and maybe it’s your family’s version of a common dish. Or it could be a combination of all of these. It doesn't have to necessarily be a grilled or BBQ dish per se, so baked goods, desserts, roasts, are all options.

Whatever you cook must comply with all the standard Throwdown rules and you must include the recipe, either in the entry or the cook thread.

You may submit entries that are cooked from 4/15 through 5/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, 5/2/22.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I think I may have a copy of my Granny's Bugtussle Scramble.

1035360_orig.jpg

One of my mom's most secret recipes was round steak. Cooked tough as shoe leather and then cooked a little more to dry it out. This was served with lumpy mashed potatoes. Both the "meat" and taters had to be swimming in margarine. In good times we had white bread to go with it.

As a family, we kept this recipe very secret...

One of my mom's most secret recipes was round steak. Cooked tough as shoe leather and then cooked a little more to dry it out. This was served with lumpy mashed potatoes. Both the "meat" and taters had to be swimming in margarine. In good times we had white bread to go with it.

I take it you're planning on keeping it that way...:mrgreen:

Replace the mashed potatoes with egg noodles and you will be brushing up against a very secret family recipe.

"I'll take bland Irish dinners in the 70's for $300, Alex"

Must've been swapping recipes with my mon...:roll:

Must've been swapping recipes with my mon...:roll:

Do you have recipes from other families you could cook?

I have ZERO family recipes to follow.
I can easily recreate the cooks but without a recipe to post...:frown:

I have ZERO family recipes to follow.
I can easily recreate the cooks but without a recipe to post...:frown:

If you can recreate the cook using the same or similar ingredients, more or less, isn't that pretty much a recipe?

If I can squeeze in an entry, I will be modeling, as close as possible, a method my dad used for rotisserie chicken. While it may or may not have been written down, I do know all of the ingredients he used and can recreate it with a good deal of accuracy.

I'll see if I can put a BBQ twist on one of mom's recipes

And that's a wrap! Thought we would have had more entries on this one, nonetheless, a solid effort by Andy and Craig!

Back