Adana Kebabs on the Egg

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The local kebab restaurant has an Adana kebab that I really like. I decided to try my hand at them.

Used ground lamb, Aleppo pepper, cumin, kosher salt, and sumac.
tWxnk2z.jpg

Divided into 6 balls for my 6 skewers
F5Ky4Gk.jpg

gnJb1Yo.jpg

And out to the Large Egg which was running at about 525 degrees
T0XFKJj.jpg

JhdavAK.jpg

The meat was holding well to the skewers so before I put on the last 2 skewers I removed the cooking grid which was there just in case anything tried to take a dive
UdRFXSL.jpg

All 6 on to warm up a little before pulling them
iwPWWlH.jpg

Overcooked the lamb a bit trying to get a little more char. Found the seasoning to be a little too salty for my tastes but I was sprinkling the seasoning on the kebabs throughout the cook.

I shared my feedback with a buddy who reminded me that the Adana kebabs at the local restaurant are a mix of beef and lamb.

I had 14 oz of lamb left and some 80/20 ground beef so on to round 2 making some adjustments including adding some minced garlic and finely chopped onion to the mix.

Roasted some tomatoes on the Egg before getting it up to 600+ degrees for the kabobs.

Went with bigger kabobs and got all 6 onto the Egg
XxtlxDl.jpg

PGovl0X.jpg

Two skewers were misbehaving (pulled away from the skewer more than I was comfortable with so I pulled them off). Toasted some lavash bread on the 4 skewers over the kabobs
MYNRx6i.jpg

m0h2zp5.jpg

Plated the kebabs, lavash, and tomatoes with some roasted red pepper hummus, rice, and red onions with a light dusting of sumac.

K4M4SM5.jpg

It was a tasty lunch! Thanks for looking :-D

Looks great,nice cook. skewers are a fantastic way to cook.
how did you like the Sumac? I love it

Looks great,nice cook. skewers are a fantastic way to cook.
how did you like the Sumac? I love it

Thanks Titch! I like the sumac. :thumb: I'd only bought a small bottle and it's almost all gone already! Going to get a bigger bottle next time.

Last edited:
That's fantastic!

I may need to call in a favor and ask for help with some of those super-wide "skewers" in the future. That's KEY!

I love everything about this, except that it's not in my face right about now...

That's fantastic!

I may need to call in a favor and ask for help with some of those super-wide "skewers" in the future. That's KEY!

I love everything about this, except that it's not in my face right about now...

Thanks! I’m pretty sure these are the skewers I have (but I was able to get 6 instead of 12): https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Stai...219927&sr=8-2&keywords=Alpine+cuisine+skewers

I wish they were 2-3 inches longer (mine are 23” with the handle) as I’d probably not cook the wood handles as much.

Mighty fine sword cookin' John, looks delicious!

Back