BBQ identification and restoration

unzippy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I found this on Facebook Marketplace and thought it looked cute so collected it Sat morning.

zua7Ctyh.jpg

Being a newby to the country I don't recognise the brand:

CSjuPAch.jpg

I popped into Bunnings and picked up some gas and parts to "refresh" it and then spent an enjoyable afternoon taking it to bits.

Gkt0OEUh.jpg

New ignitor

LbfKb5Yh.jpg

New regulator and hose

QwwryQTh.jpg

And assorted stainless bolts/washers/nuts to replace the ones I had drilled out.

The burner unit is pretty bad:

djUte8Lh.jpg

However it still managed to knock out some decent wings for dinner :D

zOk0Ilph.jpg

The way the grills are held in place is identical to the Weber system. I've seen the Weber gas kettles but the vents are different on this.

Does anyone know any more about it - I can't find any trace of the manufacturer online and I'd really like to replace the burner - any ideas where I might be able to get a replacement?
And a square thermometer for the lid.

That looks like a pretty standard "H" burner. I would first look at Home Depot or Lowes for a match (bring the old one to the store). You could also try grill-parts.com or grillparts.com . (2 different companies). Amazon or Ebay may have some.

Care parcel arrived from the US. They wouldn't ship to Aus but a mate in California bounced it on to me. New burner, thermometer and collector/igniter.

mqDol4Gh.jpg

Pretty good match.

ZM1STFdh.jpg

Another good fit.

Cej0kNwh.jpg

Very happy with the outcome and thanks for the advice:clap:

Nice restore. Now, it's good for a few more years:thumb:

Back