Lamb Shoulder.....Don't know what to call em's

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Lamb TD and a new drum :rolleyes: Wanted to do some type of Döner or shawarma seasoned wrap, taco something. This is what came of it.

Two American lamb shoulders

svtfMA3h.jpg

USDA Choice

kURrPveh.jpg

Great marbling

R2GQ3Gbh.jpg

Decided to do one shawarma style and one completely nekkid. I mean nekkid not even salt and only to be seasoned at serving

Made a marinade for one of the shoulders

hjorb95h.jpg

HoFOYJZh.jpg

Scored one shoulder first

tONa9EQh.jpg

Marinated it overnight

EDEdEpgh.jpg

Next morning made the copycat Zankou chicken garlic dip

fcBZQX7h.jpg

Taste and texture came out perfect. This is a keeper for sure :thumb:

zRRhBHKh.jpg

Next I made a tahini sauce

e1jzaOzh.jpg

HMgozzuh.jpg

Started the Hunsaker, brought out the power tools and the meat while the drum was getting up to temp :biggrin1:

gNaftEsh.jpg

And the marinated shoulder

yxfgvlZh.jpg

Hung em in the smoker

dESJK8Ph.jpg

Moved on to making the flat breads

ui7kOkHh.jpg

5cRFc8fh.jpg

And prepping the sammich/wrap ingredients

vuv2unph.jpg

About 3 hours and I hit 190 IT. I wanted to go a little more and close to the 200* temps

EsprhNZh.jpg

Gorgeous color

OyVL3aah.jpg

Folks were hungry so I pulled and chopped instead of waiting a tad bit longer

The marinated shoulder at pull

ZuZ32XWh.jpg

HmkqJRNh.jpg

The nekkid

6fi1FqSh.jpg

TPjjxX7h.jpg

u1JT2Psh.jpg

Seasoned shoulder first. Fixin's, tahini sauce a dab of garlic dip served with fries, pepperoncinis and picked turnips :thumb:

ZZQPDc8h.jpg

Then the nekkid which was seasoned with salt only and a dab or that garlicy goodness :hungry:

J5o6Ojuh.jpg

6r4z0jJh.jpg

Farking outstanding. I liked the nekkid better. I'll be doing this again. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Holy sheep shear Sako! now how am I going to get some of that. Simply amazing.

I really don’t care what you call them, so long as you call me the next time you do them!

Outfarking STANDING!!!

I would call it delicious! :thumb:

BTW, I put my grate on top of the heat shield when hanging in the Hunsaker just in case the meat falls. I figure i can possible save it if it hits a grate instead of the vortex.

I haven’t had anything fall yet, but better safe than sorry!

I would call it delicious! :thumb:

BTW, I put my grate on top of the heat shield when hanging in the Hunsaker just in case the meat falls. I figure i can possible save it if it hits a grate instead of the vortex.

I haven’t had anything fall yet, but better safe than sorry!

Thanks Ron! I plan to but drilling into the bone to hook it I know they weren't going anywhere. I love this thing more than I thought I would. :grin:

Godd*mn, that looks delicious!

Looking mighty fine!

Looks fabulous!

Thanks guys!

Most importantly, how long did you wait for the garlic paste to rest??

About 6 hours. Really just need to chill it a little bit. I know you were talking about Zankou and this is it. You won't be disappointed. It's spot on.

Sako, I'm telling you, gotta create a Youtube Channel. I would subscribe in a heart beat and it'd be a passive source of income for something you're doing already. You put out professional-grade work. Keep it flowing, Sir!

Thanks brotha! Actually thinking about it. Did my first vid about two months back when Rus Jones (Smoky Ribs) held a burger contest for his 100K subscriber milestone. 58 entries and I came in second from winning Grand Prize of a KJ, PBC, slow n sear, Weber premium kettle, Lobel's of NY, I mean the list went on with even more prizes. Lost by 3 farkin' points.:becky: Rus is a brethren on here though he rarely posts because of being occupied by YT alone.I've been following Rus for a while and not surprised he hit 100K subscribers. Jason Gnaal (GQue) on here was one of the three judges. :grin:

Challenge was to create a 90 second burger video. Farkin' tough. Here's my vid. I did a Wagyu burger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdP1CB99n54

Here's the announcement video from Rus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFRSqL6_aA&t=34s

Last edited:
I'm repeating others but this deserves a shout. Awesome, freaking awesome. Pulled lamb shoulder so good in so many ways. Those homemade flatbreads and garlic sauce take it over the top.

Yummy

Looks outstanding Neighbor! How do you like the new cooker?

Great job on the video too Sako!

Last edited:
Back