Rock's BBQ Stoker question

D

dwmckay99

I have a dual firebox smoker (two separate 18x24 chambers next to each other, each for either side of a divided smoker) and want to buy one of the Stoker systems for it. To control two pits do I have to buy the "Dual" system, or can I buy the "Single" cooker system and add on to it later to make it a "Dual" system? I guess what I'm really asking is whether or not the "Single" system controller is the same as the "Dual" system controller.

There's no picture for the Dual system on the website and that's a little confusing.

Also, how big of a blower would be appropriate for a fire chamber that is 18x24 inches?

TIA for any help. This board is great.

A Stoker will control as many pits as you can plug into it.
A Stoker is a dual system in the sense of you can use it to control several pits. I control 3, 2 UDS's and a BGE. Each has a pit probe and a fan. I think Amir, who writes stoker log had 14 in a test mode.
So if its a dual "pit", then you would have a temp probe on each side and a fan on each side plugged into the unit. Simple.
The Stoker is everything you will ever need.

Yes, you can buy a single system and add to it later. For your smoker, you would need two pit temp probes and two fans. Each pit probe will need to be named (identified) and assigned to a fan (also renamed) so the controller can operate them independently of each other. The set up is simple to do. You can also purchase several food temp probes to monitor meats from either side of your smoker. Food temp probes are not tied to a specific fan so the meat can be switched from side to side if you need to.

Benny

Last edited:
Back