Family requested meatloaf for dinner...

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Happy to oblige! Ain’t Your Mama’s Meatloaf from the Smoke & Spice cookbook. Been loosely following this recipe for 10 years or so. You know it’s a winner when the kids scarf it down :)
2e6d28db67fd89d3c0a7cc1afab59f06.jpg
dd1cb679ec6a0d0c4faa0dd31e25d515.jpg

Nicely formed bark! We love smoked meatloaf.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

that looks really good Robb! We were talking about a meatloaf tomorrow, care to share the recipe and your cook method?

Whoah, those belong in food magazine as the front cover! Good God man, if they taste anything like they look you are the official king of meatloaf!

Thanks,
Greg

that looks really good Robb! We were talking about a meatloaf tomorrow, care to share the recipe and your cook method?

Thanks, Tom! I’ll PM you as soon as I have a few mins. Don’t want to publish a copyrighted recipe to the forum. Last thing I need is the FBI knocking down my front door... lol.

Always love a good meatloaf recipe, and those look fantastic. Would it happen to be one that includes a beer mop?

The color and bark on that meatloaf is outstanding! My meatloaf always look like a sweaty turd. Combine that with mashed potato and gravy and, well, it’s less than appetizing. Fortunately it tastes much better than it looks when I use the Midtown Meatloaf recipe from Paul P.

Definitely need to put more thought and effort into meatloaf now. Beautiful results!

Always love a good meatloaf recipe, and those look fantastic. Would it happen to be one that includes a beer mop?

Yes sir! Funny thing is I have never used the beer mop. Seriously thinking after all these years that I should give that mop a whirl... lol.

Those look absolutely amazing. I love smoked meatloaf. That is the only way that I'll eat it now. I would destroy those ones.

Yes sir! Funny thing is I have never used the beer mop. Seriously thinking after all these years that I should give that mop a whirl... lol.

Great! Thanks :-D

Well, you make 2 at a time...so one will need to be an experiment on the next round!

After seeing your post, I decided to smoke one today. It's been a while. Love, love, love smoked meatloaf. Sorry mom, your meatloaf sucked. :noidea:

Back