Freezer Dive Throwdown ~ Pork Steaks

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
This is the last weekend for this THROWDOWN, but since it's a Freezer Dive.... you already have something you can cook. :thumb:

For me it was pork steak.

eVTLG0Q.jpg

H8gOqq1.jpg

I started these on the kettle, I'm still getting used to the water reservoir.

uFWTUQ6.jpg

t98319N.jpg

After a couple of hours I moved over the Egg for the raised direct finish and crisp up.

ML7VTtN.jpg

hLMTb2q.jpg

Those steaks look like the perfect thickness for me. It is getting harder and harder to find them cut that thin. I prefer pork steaks over pork chops no matter the cooking method. Fried, baked, or grilled. Friggin' low fat/low carb diet is getting in the way of my culinary delights. But the doctor is happy. Soup Nazi-like wife doesn't believe in cheat days, so I live vicariously through the Brethren. Food addiction has a powerful hold on me.

C'mon egg beaters!

Insanity I tell you.

Robert

Those steaks look like the perfect thickness for me. It is getting harder and harder to find them cut that thin. I prefer pork steaks over pork chops no matter the cooking method. Fried, baked, or grilled. Friggin' low fat/low carb diet is getting in the way of my culinary delights. But the doctor is happy. Soup Nazi-like wife doesn't believe in cheat days, so I live vicariously through the Brethren. Food addiction has a powerful hold on me.

C'mon egg beaters!

Insanity I tell you.

Robert

Never involve the wife on important decisions like this, why do you think they call them "CHEAT DAYS"?
Ed

Back