"Sausage Extravaganza" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, March 25th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Sausage Extravaganza!"

attachment.php

This was bbqwizard's entry in the 2022 June SPECIAL "Tubesteak & Sausagefest" Throwdown.

As chosen by BuffetFan for winning the "Over the Top Sammiches" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

BuffettFan said:

How about "Sausage Extravaganza"?
Any dish where sausage is spotlighted.
Could be pizza, breakfast, sandwiches, etc.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday, 3/8 through 3/25.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 3/25.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Let's kick this one off!

I had some free time and some extra stuff in the fridge, so why not grind it up and stuff it into some casings.

Corned beef and Swiss cheese sausages with potato, cabbage and carrot sausages for the side, served on some boiled cabbage with even more potatoes and carrots.

Please use this as my entry photo.

Cook thread here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308049

Attachments

• 20240318_184756.jpg
    20240318_184756.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 209
Hog casings on order! Wasn't sure if my 2 year old casings are still good.

They do last a long time Adam. I've used casing over 2 years. I usually put a chit load of salt to preserve the unused casings and make sure it stays nice and cold in the fridge.

Snowing outside today, so no grill shots. Decided on a Chicago Italian Sausage Sandwich. Spicy Italian sausage grilled up, fresh bun with crunchy outside and soft inside, add a bunch of juice you'd use for an Italian Beef. Nothing worse than a dry sandwich.

5Aqnu7Lh.jpg

And top off with peppers. Either sweet peppers, or as many do, hot giardiniera. Marconi is best, they've been making it for over 125 years.

HEr3UkBh.jpg

Please use above pic as my entry.

Those look fantastic, Andy!
Hope you're bringing them to Tennessee!
That giardiniera looks a lot better than the stuff we get around here.

Now you got me wanting a combo Andy, one could only wish.
How I miss Johnnie's in Elmwood Park and Scatchell's in Cicero.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo.... squeezing this one in at the death!

COOK THREAD HERE!

I'm sorry I didn't get to do one of my big coiled sausages. I had one, but the night I had to cooked it, it was raining like buggery so I cooked it inside in a pan and made a chutney with it. It was great, but a DQ.

Please accept this as my entry pic.
P-20240321-201228.jpg

It was one of my last cooks at my old digs before moving.

Cheers!

Bill

They do last a long time Adam. I've used casing over 2 years. I usually put a chit load of salt to preserve the unused casings and make sure it stays nice and cold in the fridge.

Sako, I was right at the 2 year mark...and I don't think I preserved it very well when I first got them...so I played it safe and got another batch. I was almost out anyway. This time I am being much more proactive.

I pharkin missed the deadline too. I was putting smoke on them when the deadline hit. Fell ill saturday and jacked up all my plans. Note to self, DONT take a bunch of vitamins on a REALLY empty stomach

Still gonna post my cook shortly.

Back