Weber Kettle, low-n-slow, let's see your setup

Used to be Weber + 2 Bricks before I upgraded to SnS v2. It actually got me using the Weber more than I had in the recent past. Mainly use it for searing jobs or smoke then sear jobs.
fZQtnhcl.jpg

I picked up a PK 360 which has more or less displaced my Weber + SnS combo. I'm back to using the brick. For now it works as well as any. Might look at picking up some Weber Charcoal baskets instead of the expensive charcoal grate sold by PK. That said the brick works fine for now lol.
eR3kboyl.jpg

What is it that you prefer in the PK over the kettle w/ SnS set up? Just curious.

What is it that you prefer in the PK over the kettle w/ SnS set up? Just curious.

The height of the grilling surface is a huge boon. I'm 6'2. Had to bend down to work on the Weber. Secondly the side tables help a lot. I had been using a tiny little side table prone to tipping over at times. If I had know how much I enjoyed cooking with the Weber I would have purchased a Performer model instead. Lastly the PK is pretty well set up for 2 zone cooking as is given it's shape & vent locations. Generally the PK feels like a more sturdy product due to the materials used.

They're certainly different in total price. That PK 360 is MSRP $1000 - 900. The Weber is significantly cheaper ~$300 + SnS which could be ~$100-110. I found the PK on sale for super cheap at Sams. Had I not it probably wouldn't be in my possession. It should retail for $600 - 700 at most IMO.$900+ is stupid price for it as is.

They're both perfectly capable grills. Just different ways, and prices, to go about the same thing.

I personally love the snake method for the Weber.

Here is a photo of the snake smoking two pork shoulders.

The great thing about the snake is in my 26" Kettle, the snake burns well for about 10-12 hours with no issues, maintains very close to 250 degrees~!

- G

I've always loved and still love the PK grills. I absolutely love the Weber Go Anywhere and PK is like the bigger, better brother of the WGA. If I didn't have all the money invested in my Webers, I'd def take the plunge and get a PK360. Webers ain't cheap anymore and when I bought my 26 at $329 back a few years ago with the SnS accessories and a cover I was at $700 back then. Love the Webers but if I were to do it again I'd spring for the PK because the Webers are even more expensive now.

The height of the grilling surface is a huge boon. I'm 6'2. Had to bend down to work on the Weber. Secondly the side tables help a lot. I had been using a tiny little side table prone to tipping over at times. If I had know how much I enjoyed cooking with the Weber I would have purchased a Performer model instead. Lastly the PK is pretty well set up for 2 zone cooking as is given it's shape & vent locations. Generally the PK feels like a more sturdy product due to the materials used.

They're certainly different in total price. That PK 360 is MSRP $1000 - 900. The Weber is significantly cheaper ~$300 + SnS which could be ~$100-110. I found the PK on sale for super cheap at Sams. Had I not it probably wouldn't be in my possession. It should retail for $600 - 700 at most IMO.$900+ is stupid price for it as is.

They're both perfectly capable grills. Just different ways, and prices, to go about the same thing.

Last edited:
Cast aluminum is cheap to manufacture, I'm pretty shocked how much PK is charging for these. Once I'm in the $1,000 range, man I dunno, I think I'd rather just get a Big Green Egg.

For some quick charcoal grillin', I use a hand-grill set over a pizza stone directly on my gasser's grates.

i5sxKInh.jpg

V45u8w5h.jpg

Back