WSM delivery TODAY

Get that new wsm dirty and don't forget to post the pics. Congrats.

Pictures as promised

Finally got some time to put the new baby together.:clap2:
I can't wait for this weekend to try her out. The question now is... What to cook to christen her?:confused: I need to practice chicken thighs in case I get a chance to compete this year and since the WSM will probably be running a little on the high side its first time out, that may be a good choice. inv3ctiv3 and JimmyBeam, what are your first cooks going to be?

Attachments

• IMGP1112.jpg
    IMGP1112.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMGP1116.jpg
    IMGP1116.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMGP1120.jpg
    IMGP1120.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMGP1115.jpg
    IMGP1115.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 84
With you beside it you can get a good perspective how big they are, I haven't seen one around here, didn't realize they were that big. Should be able to put a lot of stuff on there.

be sure to use that manual to light your first chimney. other than assembly, it is useless.

Nice cooker! I would recommend a butt. You really can't screw it up and it will give you a low stress opportunity to play with a bunch of new variables.

Nice cooker! I would recommend a butt. You really can't screw it up and it will give you a low stress opportunity to play with a bunch of new variables.

Plus a butt (or picnic roast) will be a very easy way to thoroughly season your cool new smoker! Many folks recommend fatties for seasoning as well.

I look forward to all the great pr0n that'll come off that thing. Lots of pics please :)

Get her dirty with a fattie or butts, can't go wrong with either.

Congrats on the new tool- can I ask why you disassembled it after you had it all together. :heh: :heh:

Congrats, now get her dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!

boink.gif

I'd go with butts as well. Since they are forgiving as you learn to tweak her in. Of course a few fatties never hurt either!! Just remember as you cook on it the first few times it will change until you get that nice shiny coating on the inside dirty. After about three for four cooks on mine it finally got to be a repeatable process every time.

Congrats on the new tool- can I ask why you disassembled it after you had it all together. :heh: :heh:

It's either because the pics didn't post in order, OR, I put it together and then looked at the directions :rolleyes:

Good advice all the way around. Some pulled pork saminches sound pretty good, AND I'll get to play around with it longer.

just a tip in case you run into this...

Sometimes the "barrel" for lack of a better word, gets a little out of round during shipping and handling. Looks like yours went together pretty well, so likely isn't an issue, but watch where the smoke escapes (besides the vents) on your first cook. If the center section is out of round, you can correct it by laying it on a padded surface (cardboard, carpet, etc.) and pushing down gently. A little leak can give you headaches with temp control sometimes.

Enjoy that bad boy!:thumb:

Congrats. I love my Weber. I started with an offset Brinkmann and had to fuss and toil to maintain temps. A buddy of mine brough his Weber on a fishing trip and I was floored by how it runs. Practically light it, tweek it to set it, and forget it! After cooking the ribs for about 4 hours, that thing purred along at 225 for another three hours without being touched. I bought mine the next week! My longest cook was a 13.5 hour overnight brisket. On a warm, windless night, I poured about 1.25 bags of Kingsford in, lit one chimney and poured it in. Had the water pan full and tweaked a little to reach 225. I put the briket on at 11:30 pm then checked it every three hours, the only thing I had to do was put in a little more water. That thing ran at 225 for 11.5 hours, afther that I had to stir the coals a little and that was it. Looking forward to hearing about your first cook.

Back