Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
So here we go. This is me cooking a brisket at home exactly the way I would do it........most of the time.........:becky::clap2:. Tonight I trimmed and injected and I'll add the rest tomorrow. Going to try and talk through most of it while being as serious as can be :tape:. So this is just a "teaser" :shocked:. So trimming, injecting, cooking, probing, foiling, donkey'ing, finishing, slicing!! It will all be on here. I can't image anyone learning anything from this, but I thought more videos around here would be fun :biggrin1:.

If you don't like watching long winded videos of idiots who sound like a child cooking bbq then you shouldn't watch this :thumb::doh:. Luckily you can fast forward.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oacvUpSXgw4"]Brisket Tease - YouTube[/ame]

My plan tomorrow is to cook on my backwoods g2 party and roll it around 325 and try to get this 20lb'er done in 6-7hrs, then rest, then cut, then jazzercise. Some is serious some is not........most is not, but it is all real'ish. Thanks for watching this garbage!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what time I will start cooking since I'm having a "nice evening", but will probably be like 9 or 10'ish....................:becky:.

Later
-Jason

Thank god for fast forward and the mute button. Hahahahaha. Had to. Looking forward to this thread should be interesting. But on a serious note and for some people who have never cooked briskest before. Why the injecting? What makes you inject instead of just keeping it simple?

I don't inject but I thought it was a very good vid for folks to watch, not everybody can talk and inject at the same time but if they can I haven't seen vids from em, good job. Waiting for the payoff!đź‘Ť

Thank god for fast forward and the mute button. Hahahahaha. Had to. Looking forward to this thread should be interesting. But on a serious note and for some people who have never cooked briskest before. Why the injecting? What makes you inject instead of just keeping it simple?

Oh ya when I hear myself it is just awful. I mean really really freaking awful.

Injecting for me seriously is just for extra flavor or changing up the flavor. I don't think you have to do it at all and you can omit this step. Wanted to include it for the fun.

Aside from a great injection video, You keep BBQ fun as it's meat to be. Roll on Brother!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I watched it, but I did fast forward through some of the injection portion.

Comments:

1. You and your wife (I think that was who was doing the recording) sound like a lot of fun. As if we didn't already know that from the 28#er thread and pics. Be cool to sit around a smoker having a couple drinks with y'all.

2. My WTF question - What was with the coconut? The brisket did look trimmed when you were injecting. I would have enjoyed seeing your process.

Looking forward to tomorrow's video.

I watched it, but I did fast forward through some of the injection portion.

Comments:

1. You and your wife (I think that was who was doing the recording) sound like a lot of fun. As if we didn't already know that from the 28#er thread and pics. Be cool to sit around a smoker having a couple drinks with y'all.

2. My WTF question - What was with the coconut? The brisket did look trimmed when you were injecting. I would have enjoyed seeing your process.

Looking forward to tomorrow's video.

What coconut?? :becky:

Full trimming coming later today :clap2:.

Thank you so much for the trimming tutorial. I would seriously consider removing it from the video, as this is some proprietary information, and releasing it for free might anger some of the people who attended your comp classes in the past. They paid good money for that knowledge!!!!

Enjoyed the video. Made me realize that I need a new brisket knife. My old one has a pointy tip, a sharp edge and is kinda dangerous.

Back