Built in charcoal grill recommendations needed

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Fixing to get knee deep in building my outdoor kitchen. Love my weber but thinking about a nice built in charcoal grill that is easy to clean the ashes and adjustable coal grate to help in cooking. Looking at an Assassin 48 but waiting on them to get back with me. Just thinking so any ideas are welcome and appreciated.....I’ll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
There are several here with Santa Maria grills that you might search for. It's what I'd want in a built in.

The Assassin has the option of firebox access doors on the front with split ash pans and grates. That would make it easier to set into a surrounding storage-work space of your own design. Could make for a very impressive ODK!

Rather than limiting yourself to the specific form factor of a built-in, I would suggest finding a grill you really like, that does everything you want it to, and then plan a space for it. If you restrict yourself to just a built-in, you may find yourself sacrificing a feature you may later wish you had.

On the other hand, you could still buy the built-in, and another grill/smoker later on, anyway. :mrgreen:

Back