Combination backyard heater/cook top/pizza oven/BBQ/Smoker

Wow. They got a bit blackened all right! Well I guess it answers the question of whether or not it can be choked down enough smoke. Yup. Definitely not getting enough air by the looks of the soot. It sounds like they tasted good though, and that's what counts.

Have you tried doing a load of just regular wood with no compressed fire bricks?

Wow. They got a bit blackened all right! Well I guess it answers the question of whether or not it can be choked down enough smoke. Yup. Definitely not getting enough air by the looks of the soot. It sounds like they tasted good though, and that's what counts.

Have you tried doing a load of just regular wood with no compressed fire bricks?

Yes, and I think that was part of the problem. The compressed fuel burns hotter but requires more air to keep from smoking. Regular Firewood burns great too but not quite as hot or as long. I have mostly oak, ash and cherry and next time I’ll use them instead of the compressed bricks - and I’ll keep the air control open.

Back