Bacon 🥓 & Garden Winding Down

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
A few tomatoes still coming in. Big Jim green chile, still a few to pick and roast. Jalapeño didn’t do great this year and a few mutant cucumbers. Realized I never got around to having a BLT this year. Wife asked me to cook the bacon and slice the tomato. She would handle the egg and building my half sandwich.
Gotta love bacon

Last edited:
My garden was punk this year. Only a handfull of cucumbers and my okra never grew more than inches. Last year the okra plants were over 5 feet. Peppers - habanero, jalapeno, serano, poblano - were at about 1/2 of last years yield. Weird summer.

We had a lengthy stretch of triple digit and upper 90’s with no humidity that pretty much knocked it down. Where I live lack of humidity and high heat will stunt it. We call ours a Salsa garden. Tomato peppers cucumbers garlic onion and cilantro. Nothing big.

Last edited:
My garden was punk this year. Only a handfull of cucumbers and my okra never grew more than inches. Last year the okra plants were over 5 feet. Peppers - habanero, jalapeno, serano, poblano - were at about 1/2 of last years yield. Weird summer.

Agreed. I had a very similar result here as well. Okra didn't do too much and the cukes turned bitter quickly. Cherry tomatoes yielded a decent harvest. The eggplant harvests were the one bright spot; better than average yields all summer.

That sandwich looks great, the bread looks interesting, what sort?

I put shade cloth over mine which helped I planted grape vines next to the boxes and ran wire across so that will provide some cover when it fills in

Looks delicious Adams!!
The 100+ heat did a job on my garden too. I build shades which helped some, but didn't get the usual harvest this year.

Back