Favorite food storage?

grizzly0925

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I know Cambro is tried and true but are there any other brands you would recommend for hot food storage? Filling for my EIN and my LLC this month and going to try sourcing some things used at first. Don't plan on taking orders till Fall time frame as I am still doing test kitchen type ideas for menu and deciding which commissary I would like to go with in my area. Just looking for idea's on storage right now and figured I'd pick all the guru's brains.

What type of storage? Dry, cold, hot hold....

Editing because I re-read. For hot holding we have 8 of the CaterGators and have been extremely happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

What type of storage? Dry, cold, hot hold....

Editing because I re-read. For hot holding we have 8 of the CaterGators and have been extremely happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Thanks! looking into some options for hot food storage when I start vending that are an alternative to cambro as they cost a fortune

It's awesome that you're gearing up for your food venture! When it comes to hot food storage, Cambro is indeed a popular choice, but there are other brands worth exploring too. As you're considering options, remember that sourcing used equipment can be a smart move as you're getting started.

It's awesome that you're gearing up for your food venture! When it comes to hot food storage, Cambro is indeed a popular choice, but there are other brands worth exploring too. As you're considering options, remember that sourcing used equipment can be a smart move as you're getting started.

In the meantime, while you're in the test kitchen phase, have you thought about incorporating natural food into your menu? It offers a range of high-quality ingredients that can add a unique touch to your dishes.

It's great that you're taking your time to perfect your menu and decide on the right commissary. Storage is a crucial aspect of any food business, and reaching out to experienced folks in forums like this is a smart way to gather insights.

Also, look and see if there's 2nd hand restaurant equipment stores near you. You can often get quality used stuff for a fraction of the price. Keep an eye out for restaurant closing sales on craigslist and FB Marketplace, you can scoop up stuff on the cheap!

Back