ala Oldyote - Atomic Raspberries

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So a few years ago (2013) I saw Oldyote make something he dubbed an “Atomic Raspberry” for the “Berry Me” Throwdown. (Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164088)

I was intrigued by it and have always wanted to try making them. I even made up a Smoked Jalepeño Bacon Cream Cheese Pie w/ Raspberry Chipotle Topping to try and mimic them. (Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169449)

Today I tried to recreate them. Here are most of my ingredients.

I drizzled hot sauce into the bowl. I then put 5 of the 1 oz. packages of cream cheese, 2 tbsp. of pepper jelly, 2 tsp. of raspberry jam and approximately 18 raspberries in the bowl.

and gave it a thorough mixing.

I put this in the fridge to rest a while. Now I cleaned out 6 large jalapeños of all the seeds.

I put the filling into a zip-loc bag and cut the tip off to fill my jalapeños. (Tip: When you cut that tip off be ready to fill the jalapeños as the filling will immediately start oozing out)

After filling the jalapeños I place some raspberries in also. (Tip: Do not over fill the jalapeños with filling or when you do this the filling will ooze out all over the place)

Now I wrap them with some homemade bacon. (Toothpicks as required)

I put these in the fridge and went out and got my kamado going. Direct / in-direct with the upper racks in. I let it get up to 325 degrees and then put the jalapeños on the direct side for 10 minutes.

I then moved them over to the in-direct side for 25 minutes.

While this was cooking I made up some raspberry BBQ sauce.

At the 20 minute marks I basted them with the raspberry BBQ sauce

And here it is plated.

And the Money Shot below.

Oh Yeah! Appetizer and desert in one. :becky:

Looks great. Our blackberry's are just starting to come in. I'm going to try this.

Looks delish mate, nice work.
Is that a desert or a Savoury?

Back