Pork Burnt Ends Tonight (w/ Pron)

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I did a Boston butt and a rump roast today.

The rump roast was OK. I pulled it at 135° and coolered it for 3 hours. I should have sliced it thinner than I did, but it had a nice smokey roast beef flavor.

I sliced the butt up as well after pulling at 175° and coolering for about 2 hours. It was really good. I should have sliced it a bit thinner too, though.

The parts that didn't lend themselves nice slices made my night, though. I cut them into chunks, sauced them up just a bit and put them back on for a couple of hours to create my first burnt ends - pork butt burnt ends, that is.

This is the first thing I've made that I absolutely love. I could eat these things every day. I can definitely say I'll be doing some of these with pretty much every butt I smoke from now on.

My wife was commenting on my sucky picture taking ability, so I had her do the pron (thus, the flower and better layout.)

Have a good night.
-Bret

pork-burnt-ends.jpg

i don't know about the flour but the pork looks great:icon_bigsmil

that does look good. I'll have to admit, I have never had pork burnt ends. I need to try that sometime.

Those look pretty good. How did the flower taste?

Those look pretty good. How did the flower taste?

I didn't eat the flower. I'm going to wear it in my hair tomorrow at work.
... just for the smell.

I didn't eat the flower. I'm going to wear it in my hair tomorrow at work.
... just for the smell.

If you want to really make an impression you'll wear the pork behind your ear!

Now that is a good idea

And tell your wife she did a good job with taking the picture

Looks good!

That will be on my list! Except the flower. Tell me you didnt boil the flower....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Good idea!! They look great! Not sure about the flower??

My favorite part of any roast, Pork, Beef or whatever are all the little crispy bits on the ends...those look phenomenal! I will defininitely do that in the future.

I'm going to start adding flowers to my PBE's......They look so ordinary. :mrgreen:

DSC04646a.jpg

Back