NEW ThermaQ from ThermoWorks

Jaybls

Got Wood.
Reaction score
New from ThermoWorks - ThermaQ®! Designed for Hard-Core BBQ-ers, Chef-Level Sous Vide and Gastronomes. Reads two temps at once with professional-grade type K thermocouple probes. Check out more features here: http://bit.ly/1DXsVsU

therma_q_z_h.jpg

Well if it's from Thermoworks, it's gonna be a good one..........:clap2:

Well, I can't afford that, but if I could,............ I would,

No non-BT remote, me no care....

I want Maverick functionality with TW quality and standard K-type TCs! :thumb:

No non-BT remote, me no care....

I want Maverick functionality with TW quality and standard K-type TCs! :thumb:

Seems like it would sell but nobody is listening.:mad2:

Exactly. Make it non-BT and I'd buy it. I asked them months ago if they had plans to at least add a receiver to the TW8060 and never heard back.

And wifi so I can get updates on my phone via an app and not have to worry the lady of the house to death running and checking until I get home.

I'm not certain I understand the target here.

Not as nice as the BlueTherm Duo and, without WIFI, it's not an upgrade over anything.

That being said, I love my BTD and have no problems with the BT.
I put meat on and do not open the egg until the temp alarm goes off.

I'm not certain I understand the target here.

Not as nice as the BlueTherm Duo and, without WIFI, it's not an upgrade over anything.

That being said, I love my BTD and have no problems with the BT.
I put meat on and do not open the egg until the temp alarm goes off.

It's an upgrade over the TW8060. ThermaQ is made by the same manufacturer as BlueTherm Duo, and Thermapen so it really is just as nice as the BlueTherm Duo, just without the connectivity. There are LOTS of exciting things in development - so stay tuned.

I have had too many Mavericks die to ever buy them again. I LOVE my Thermapens, and I got an iGrill 2 for Xmas, that's decent, but always seems to lose connection. I accidentally stumbled across Tappecue when I bought my Yoder as the guy threw it in for free. It's got WIFI (iphone and Android app), comes with 4 6 ft long probes and clips. Probes, like the Maverick can be used in food or to monitor temp in the smoker. I've been very happy with it. http://www.tappecue.com/

If you like the BlueTherm Duo, better get it now as they are phasing it out for this new model.

I love my Tappecue, use it on my RecTec pellet smoker and love it! :thumb:

It's pretty much on the money with my RecTec temp. :becky:

As you can see my pellet smoker is right at 350 and holding!

Mobile app makes it so I don't have to check what's going on under the hood. Remember if you're looking you ain't cooking. :laugh:

Nice part it graphs everything for you as well that you can check on in real time. It's BBQ cooking in the 21st Century! :clap2:

I like the build quality and battery life of this new model.

Back