ECB/UDS hybrid painted pics

jrickus

Knows what a fatty is.
Finished up the paint job for the ECB/UDS Hybrid. I went with engine enamel Daytona yellow for the chamber and black BBQ paint for railroad spike feet, intakes and exhaust. Had a leftover tequila bottle lid that appeared to be hard wood so I cut a few notches in the back and epoxied( 5 minute stuff) to the door latch which usually gets pretty warm.2015-02-07 17.42.34.jpg

2015-02-07 17.42.48.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet. Nice job. What's the door for in the front. Do you have any pictures of the inside with the door open.

This cooker makes me smile, because it reminds me of the minions from "Despicable Me". All it needs is overalls and goggles.

I was thinking the same thing!

Minions+(18).png

Sweet. Nice job. What's the door for in the front. Do you have any pictures of the inside with the door open.
The door is for adding more charcoal if needed. In the pic you can see the charcoal pan at the bottom and the water pan above. I took this pic as the fatty I cooked was about ready and it was getting dark, but should give a general idea of what'2015-01-27 20.59.09.jpgs behind the aluminum door

This cooker makes me smile, because it reminds me of the minions from "Despicable Me". All it needs is overalls and goggles.
My son had said the same thing when I he saw it. and then I was thinking two big thermometers mounted sided by side would make some good goggles. I may be grabbing some Blue paint and try that when the weather warms up here.(its quite cold in Bristol Tennessee at the moment). Thanks for the input and the kind words.

Nice job. Is the bottom just welded on?
Yes I added a five inch wide strip of 1/8 scrap plate I had laying around and formed it to the contour of the chamber and tack welded as I progressed around the circumference.then added a 1/8 thick plate at the bottom and welded all around and then trimmed round with my plasma cutter( this chamber is thinner than 1/8 thick (El cheapo Brinkman) in which is rather tough to tackle if your not a good welder but it can be done.

Back