THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Donnielehmkuhl

Found some matches.
I am going to smoke a brisket this weekend to make some tacos. With homemade slaw, baked beans, mac n cheese yummm (getting off topic). I have an amazing dry rub that i like to use but to add some extra kick to the meat i want to add some chipotle peppers under the skin and inside the meat would this be a good idea is there any special rules to adding it ? Or should i go for broke, try it and see what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful. Those can add a lot of heat quick. While you may love it, it may be too much for kids if you go crazy. Let us know how it goes!

I am hoping it turns out good. I only want to do about 4 peppers for a 15lb brisket. I didn't know if smoking a smoked pepper might hurt the flavor is what i was most concerned about or combining two kinds of smoke flavors. If the kids don't like it they can starve right ? Or is that still frowned upon? jk jk i wouldn't let my kids starve.

I don't know how you would add under the skin of a brisket as it doesn't have any :) however I do know that placing chipotle in adobe from a can in a blender and then placing it inside slits and rubbing it all over that wonderful meat is a great thing.....

yeah that's what i meant by under the skin i was driving and posting stuff (do not attempt at home) but i like the idea of blending it i didnt even think about that !

Back