Weber charcoal briquettes

bucko

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Was at home Depot yesterday and saw they have Weber charcoal just wondered if it is as good as Kingsford I have always liked Kingsford should I give it a try

I have only heard good things about the weber charcoal on here, I have a bag but have not opened it yet

Got the free sample and it is great stuff. Burns really hot for a looooong time. Price is a bit tough, though.

I got the free bag a while back, I liked it better then kingsford.

Got the free sample and it is great stuff. Burns really hot for a looooong time. Price is a bit tough, though.
+1 it burns a long, long time time, plus it burns clean, with little ash, I like it better than anything I've been using lately. Right now have a bag of Stubbs, a couple bags of Kingsford Professional, RO Lump and Cowboy Lump. I'm sold on it and plan on using it as my goto charcoal in the future.

when it was on clearance at target for 5.99 or less lots of us bought a crap load of it. i love it and have not heard 1 bad thing other than the retail price. nearly $1/pound is high.

This is good charcoal, and pricy @ $20 a bag.
Lowes here had it for $12 bucks so I grabbed the last 6 they had just because.
The resealable bag is a joke though.

I just bought 2 bags at Lowes for $14.99 a bag which was $5 cheaper than HD. Haven't used it yet but like many others on hear I have not heard anything bad about it.

I bought a boatload of it at Target for like $3 a bag on closeout. I really like it, price aside. Burns long and hot and clean. Even in my little PK grill I can get a 6 or 7 hour smoke on one basket (about 2/3 of a chimney).

$14.99 at my Lowes as well...as of 2 days ago. I had the same opinion about the price, but guys on here swear the cook time, performance, lack of acrid smoke, and less ash more than make up for the extra cost.

I didn't buy any, but I probably will.

I bought a bunch at target too for $4 a bag.

When this stash runs out, I’ll pay the $20 a bag no problem.

The price seems a little high but I think it is a 20 lb bag about 2 more pounds than Kingsford I think

I've not heard anything negative about it other than the price. I plan on trying it.

I wish I could answer your question, but I haven't used my sample bag, yet. Waiting on the right steaks, before I light it up. The general consensus is that it's a top notch briquette.

Matt

I have heard and read nothing but good things about Weber charcoal performance. I don't care how good it is it's not worth a buck a pound or even $.75 cents a pound to me. At least not as long as I can get old reliable KBB for $.27 a pound. JMHO

I have heard and read nothing but good things about Weber charcoal performance. I don't care how good it is it's not worth a buck a pound or even $.75 cents a pound to me. At least not as long as I can get old reliable KBB for $.27 a pound. JMHO

That’s the same way I feel when someone pulls up beside me in a $60,000 Jeep at the stop light, but mind you, I’m driving my ‘92 Jeep to pickup another bag of Weber charcoal... Different strokes. :biggrin1:

I've used it many times and it's my favorite charcoal now. It burns clean, very long and with minimal ash. I don't care about the resealable bag, as it's a pain to use and I don't need that anyway. I don't use KBB anymore because compared with Weber and Stubbs, it has an offensive smell when lit and which sometimes is imparted to the food, depending upon what I'm cooking. KBB also burns faster and produces far more ash than either of those two. I'm willing to pay more for higher quality.

My favorite. I stocked up on it a bit when my local Target had it for $5.99 a bag. My only complaint is the full retail price. I wouldn't be thrilled at $15 a bag, but I'm going to have a hard time getting more if it is $20 a bag. I may go back to using Timber lump at that time.

Back