Spatch Chicken

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Marty
Nellie picked up a chicken so I did a spatchcock seasoned up with some “ Tony Chachere’s Spice N’ Herbs”
B9Fr3ec.jpg

Into the 18” for a while
c7mh2na.jpg

She’s all done, time to rest before dinner
PihUFIE.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nicely done, spatch is how I do my birds 90% of the time now both on smoker and in CI skillet.

That looks delicious!

Quick question: My usual chicken method is vertical grilling them whole by placing them on a beer can chicken rack (with no beer can). I like this because it is quick and easy. But I keep hearing y'all say that spatching is a superior method. I'm willing to switch. Do you think spatching is better? Why? (I'm curious as to the science/methodology behind it...not being a contentious smart*** :p)

That looks delicious!

Quick question: My usual chicken method is vertical grilling them whole by placing them on a beer can chicken rack (with no beer can). I like this because it is quick and easy. But I keep hearing y'all say that spatching is a superior method. I'm willing to switch. Do you think spatching is better? Why? (I'm curious as to the science/methodology behind it...not being a contentious smart*** :p)

I like the spatch because the breast and dark meat finish at the same time,
when I used to do verticle I always found the breast would be overdone.

I like the spatch because the breast and dark meat finish at the same time,
when I used to do verticle I always found the breast would be overdone.

Thanks! So, assuming I use a 2 zone fire...I would put it body cavity side down with the breast side facing the hot side of the grill? Do you flip it at all? Do you temp at the thigh or breast? Sorry for all the questions, haha, always trying to up my grill game. :redface:

Back