Various Weekend Cooking

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Many moons ago a boy worked with me in the shipping dept that grew up just a few blocks away from me and went to school where I did and he happened to mention that he liked his Mom’s breakfast concoction made with eggs and cornbread. That sounded to me like a good idear since we have a little cornbread leftover quite often. Soft scrambled and jazzed up a bit it’s pdg and don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.

I’m still hung up on the tostadas thing and had some without meat to go with my breaded wings like Dizzy Pig does em (had some breaded and some not). They weren’t crunchy by the time I got through saucing them but very very good anyhow and the tostadas really went good with them.

I'm gonna get my Mom’s recipe and post it in my recipe section for this Japanese Fruit cake. She said my Sister would email it. Me and my Sis get her to make em for us for Christmas and they are unbelievably good. The only reason I can think of it’s called that is because it’s soaked with coconut milk, has raisins, nuts, one of the layers is a spice layer and most of all on account of the fact that it most definitely do get better and better in the fridge. Just look how moist this cake is!

Don’t forget to click on the link below for more pics!

IMG_5119.jpg

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/sirchet/?action=view&current=74d38d93.pbw

Last edited:
Interesting...so what all is in there? I don't see the eggs, but do see cornbread and a whole bunch of stuff.

Interesting...so what all is in there? I don't see the eggs, but do see cornbread and a whole bunch of stuff.

What I wound up with in the batch was some hatch green chili peppers (chopped), cheese, and a little bit of leftover rib meat.

Back