THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

srqli

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Gil
Glad to be a part of this forum - hoping to pick up some good information. I have not used a gas grill in maybe 30 years, and that was when I was married to someone who had no taste in food! :)

To start with, I'd like to ask a bit of advice. DUMMY ME left the grill on for 4 days (Ouch - can't wait to get my gas bill). When I finally realized it and turned it off, I noticed lots of green on the grate and on the ceramic briquets.
ANyone know what this is, and if it is safe to use the grill?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9357.jpg
    IMG_9357.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 184
Left the grill on for 4 days? :shock:

Brave admission, and so much for fire safety. :-D

I have no idea about the green. Maybe it will brush off and you can press on?

Brush it off with wire brush or balled up aluminum foil, move on with life. You grill is about to get alot dirtier than it is now.

The green stuff did not come off with wire brush. My concern is why is it green? I can understand ash from leaving it on so long - at least it sure got cleaned taht way. But green?

Is that an Alfresco grill? I have an Alfresco 42" ALXE and also have noticed the "green stuff" on the ceramic briquettes. I think it may just be mold or algae during wet periods? I dunno but I'm curious as well. I just light her up and it burns off and everything's back to normal.

If there's a gasser than can take the abuse of a 4 day cook then Alresco is it! They're built like tanks.

Is that an Alfresco grill? I have an Alfresco 42" ALXE and also have noticed the "green stuff" on the ceramic briquettes. I think it may just be mold or algae during wet periods? I dunno but I'm curious as well. I just light her up and it burns off and everything's back to normal.

If there's a gasser than can take the abuse of a 4 day cook then Alresco is it! They're built like tanks.

It's an Artisan. THe green has not burnt off. I can't imagine mold, because it got so hot for so long, and not at all wet during that time.

It's an Artisan. THe green has not burnt off. I can't imagine mold, because it got so hot for so long, and not at all wet during that time.

Try flipping the ceramic trays up-side-down and setting the burners to high for a clean burn. Artisan and Alfresco are owned by the same company to I imagine it's the same issue as mine. My dealer in Nashville recommended the clean burn method. I also called Alfreso just now to ask about the issue and the service dept said they'd never heard of it before. Very weird.

Try flipping the ceramic trays up-side-down and setting the burners to high for a clean burn. Artisan and Alfresco are owned by the same company to I imagine it's the same issue as mine. My dealer in Nashville recommended the clean burn method. I also called Alfreso just now to ask about the issue and the service dept said they'd never heard of it before. Very weird.

Interesting, thanks. Well, I guess at least this incident showed me Artisan is a pretty decent grill. I'll give that a try.

This may be a long shot but I wonder if pollen is somehow getting into the grill and bonding somehow to the ceramic. We have a ton of pollen here and I typically only notice this in spring.

This may be a long shot but I wonder if pollen is somehow getting into the grill and bonding somehow to the ceramic. We have a ton of pollen here and I typically only notice this in spring.

Don't you think the pollen would have been burned off with 600+ degrees for a few days?

WHat can I clean the briquettes with? Or is it better not to?

Back