Ace Hardware Lump Sale

I've only ever used Royal Oak. How's B&B compare? Well I've used the Cowboy Lump from Costco too but didn't like it.

I've only ever used Royal Oak. How's B&B compare? Well I've used the Cowboy Lump from Costco too but didn't like it.

Honestly, I dont use lump, but many here have said they use this brand, so I just wanted to pass along the sale info.I am sure there will be some feed back here on the product.

Picked up the only two bags left at my ace last night.
I didn't know it was on sale, just happened to get lucky

B&B is better than both RO and Cowboy, for those of you that have an Academy Sports B&B Lump's every day price is $12.99 for 20#.

To me B&B is the Wild Turkey 101 of Charcoal.
Excellent product at a nice price. Never disappointed.
I enjoy trying new coals. It’s nice to know B&B is consistently available at a decent price.
If looking for 30 cents # coals this isn’t it.

I just finished up a minimum 15 bag stash of B&B Oak Lump. I’m just beginning to restock briquettes and lump. If you’re a briquette user the B&B All natural briquettes are good too.

I was at Ace earlier and noticed the same. Picked up a couple bags...I’ve been striking out on lump charcoal lately, always getting bags with small pieces regardless of manufacturer. I realize that’s pretty much solely due to how it’s handled after leaving the manufacturer but it would be nice to get some that has nice chunks for once instead of >50% the bag being unusable. I’ve used B&B before and it was good when I had it then. Fingers crossed.

just ordered four. Hope I get them. Called around and could only find one bag in stock. The problem AND the advantage with Ace is they are all independently owned.

just ordered four. Hope I get them. Called around and could only find one bag in stock. The problem AND the advantage with Ace is they are all independently owned.

I buy my Weber Briq from them, they order as they sell to replace stock. They only keep 2 bags in stock at any time, and are the only local to sell / stock the product. Their order goes in on tues and gets delivered that thurs. If you order special, they say they will get it on their next delivery.

Looks like there's a wait to get, but I got 10 bags ordered. Thank you for posting this.

I love B&B briquettes, and that I can always order them for pickup from my local Ace.

I'm using B&B Hickory lump now and have used 2 bags of the Oak previously. I bought them last year during a WalMart clearance. Very happy with it overall. Good sizes without a lot of fines in every bag, so far.

Our United Stores has the B&B Lump 10# Oak and 8# mesquite
For $5.87 bag. Ended up with 9 of each:becky:

Add that to two 30# bags western lump and two 8# bags of Jealous Devil briquettes.

Good for a while

Our United Stores has the B&B Lump 10# Oak and 8# mesquite
For $5.87 bag. Ended up with 9 of each:becky:

Add that to two 30# bags western lump and two 8# bags of Jealous Devil briquettes.

Good for a while

that jealousus devil for the "good stuff" :thumb:

The Walmart and Whiz reviews on this aren't great but I took a flyer on it based on older Brethren reviews. $0.60/lb for lump is a great price imo.

On a related note, I've been grabbing #20 bags of Kamado Joe XL for $18 at BJ's Wholesale and it's the best I've ever used. Massive chunks and burns long like briqs. I highly recommend them.
https://www.kamadojoe.com/products/big-block-xl-lump-charcoal

When I spotted this thread I went onto the Ace website, they geolocated my local store and told me I could order for curbside pickup. Pickup date was not right away but this weekend so I infer they don’t have any in stock. No matter, I’m not desperate yet. I’ve prepaid using PayPal, will pick my order up Saturday morning.

Picked up my first bag of B and B yesterday actually, from Ace. I grabbed a bag of their "Post Oak chunks" as well. Filled up my Large BGE and noticed a couple really big pieces but mostly average sized. Put 3 racks of pork spare ribs on it and it ran at 275 for 4 hours with zero surprises. As said above, may not be the best but it worked nicely for me. I will use it again, for sure.

Back