Olive Wagyu

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

thawing almost 8 pounds of Wagyu looking forward to seeing how she cooks. i got Injection and will probably do cow cover and some texas beef. Thoughts on a mop?

Last edited:
For the love of all things good and right in this world use salt/pepper and nothing else. Definitely don't inject. I wouldn't mop either. Just spritz to keep the surface moist.

Less is more when the flesh can sing like that hunk can... focus on clean fire, knowing when it’s done etc. S&P.

Thanks I' am on another forum they think same same :<). I guess I will do some beef
consume and apple juice for spritz. I got this as a on sale /well sale as far as olive Wagyu goes LOL. I' am not sure I' am into the nutty flavor so probably still gonna do a light coat of cow cover and Texas beef.

It was supposed to be a full brisket. I went round and round with them when I got it. So I got a deal but kinda unsure how it's gonna cook. I will take some better pics when it unfreezes probably tonight. Probably trim up the non olive sticker side some I think it's the bottom /shrug lol.

PS

I will be wrapping in pink butcher so any advice regarding fluids or anyhting to put in wrap would be appreciated.

Last edited:
trimmed and rubbed

Thanks appreciate the advice. I just trimmed her up a minute ago. I had to make sure not to trim too much man but there was soooo much fat. Added SPG and Cow Cover instead of Texas Beef and Cow Cover. She's gonna sit in the fridge about 12-15 hours now in a tin foil pan covered with tin foil since I can't use plastic wrap for **** lol.

Last edited:
If that is Olive Wagyu, you have one of the rarest and most sought after breeds of beef in the world. Kuroge Washu beef is fed exclusively on a spent olive diet and comes solely from Kagawa prefecture. There are only a couple thousand of the animals in existence.

It looks like you have a nice flat. Please treat it with the care and consideration deserved of an exceptionally rare and nearly mythical piece of meat. 99.999% of the population will never have the opportunity you have before you.

Also, if you don't want the trimmed fat, I'll pay to have it shipped to my place!!

No need to add anything in the paper / when wrapping - that beauty will render more than enough fat to baste itself in its own glory...

Having cooked a handful of wagyu briskets from varied sources they all render WAY fat juice than mortal briskies...

Done

Bam .. after sitting in cooler one hour sliced ate end and put away. Pretty good piece of meat. Not a bad first try.

Last edited:
Back