Is it possible to trailer a build later?

grizzly0925

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all, I am currently having a 120 gallon traditional built. It will be on casters for now, I think I can still change it. I was wondering what thoughts are of being able to trailer it at a later date myself? it may just be more beneficial for me to buy another smoker and either A) sell this one or B) keep this for the yard and trailer a 250.

Just curious if yall think it would be worth the hassle or not. Lining things up to start small catering in about a year or two so didn't need to jump on a trailer build right now, figured i could just do it later.

If you have the money, plan B sounds better. You would have the convenience of a multi purpose pit already set up in the backyard (personal and business) plus a larger trailer pit for events.

Anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself. Why are you having a smaller cooker built now if you know you will be using it for catering later?

I'm with @DrunkenMeatFist in what's the purpose of buying a small pit when you know you're going to need something larger? Have you gotten around to discussing your smoker with the health department? We see it way too often on this forum where someone is going to start a catering BBQ business and they buy an offset. Then they make posts about struggles with the health department. Then they list the offset in the "For Sale" part of this forum.

Back