Smoked Bacon Onion Rings

Not to disrupt the idea flow here, but what if instead of rings you just sliced the onion, painted the slices with sriacha or hot sauce or whatever, then covered with bacon and smoked?

Way less work....
That would put the bacon to onion ratio way out of whack.
But I guess if you're a big onion fan, then you can rock it that way too. :clap2:

This has been shared by a few FB friends from various FB pages that have linked it....one has 57K shares and the other has 71K shares, both with credit to grilling24x7's website!

Went and made these Tues night - a hit with my wife and our friends. Thanks grilling24x7!

Look fantastic.
But I'm lazy.
If i do them, I'm flattening the ring into a stick and wrapping it.

That is a great idea... and something I am much more likely to do on a consistent basis.
Smoked Bacon-wrapped Onion Stix FTW!

Those look awesome!!!...too bad my wife does not like onions, but I may try them anyway

A lot of comments about these being hard to make. I didn't think so. You just wrap bacon around an onion. I can fire these out a lot faster than ABTs!!

I wonder how it would be as a burger topping. That's a good idea!

John

A lot of comments about these being hard to make. I didn't think so. You just wrap bacon around an onion. I can fire these out a lot faster than ABTs!!

I wonder how it would be as a burger topping. That's a good idea!

John

Thanks, i also made these today and they were awesome !

file.php

DM

A lot of comments about these being hard to make. I didn't think so. You just wrap bacon around an onion.
Yea, I don't get that. There's only three ingredients.

Maybe it's because onions make them cry..... :drama:

... as if I needed ANOTHER way to eat bacon...

(But seriously, those things look awesome!) :thumb:

Someone left a comment on my blog and called these "wreaths of glory" ha. That's pretty funny.:-D

I prepped some of these tonight. I giant Vidalia onion, Sriracha, one pack of thin sliced bacon. Didn't have any long skewers, so just a toothpick at the end of the wrap. Plated, wrapped, and in the fridge. Smoking some chicken and sausage tomorrow. Will probably put these on the gasser to cook them at the same time...

Back