Price of Unsplit Pecan Wood

Fourwinds

Reaction score
My folks had an old pecan tree dropped in their yard. They wanted to chip it up and I hated the thought of it going to waste. So, I have gotten what I want for my needs. Now I have all this extra and I'm curious what to sell it for. By no means am I looking at this as a profitable expenditure of my time. So, this is a 6'x10' trailer loaded up. What would you say its worth as is? I'm not interested in splitting or storing. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• 20171015_120240.jpg
    20171015_120240.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 227
With delivery included I'll gladly pay you $200.00 for the load. :mrgreen:

Are you cooking on a stick burner? Stacked as is it will keep for a long time. In my neck of the woods a generous 1/2 cord split and delivered goes for about $225.00 a full cord split and delivered goes for about $350.00. I'm guessing in your area Que wood prices are less, hopefully some of the Brethren from your area will chime in.

With delivery included I'll gladly pay you $200.00 for the load. :mrgreen:

Are you cooking on a stick burner? Stacked as is it will keep for a long time. In my neck of the woods a generous 1/2 cord split and delivered goes for about $225.00 a full cord split and delivered goes for about $350.00. I'm guessing in your area Que wood prices are less, hopefully some of the Brethren from your area will chime in.

Haha, that'd be a quite a trip.

I've got a Lang Patio stickburner. I've already got plenty of it split in my woodshed for my purposes. I always cut my own wood, so I've never actually bought wood before. I don't have much to go on, but I feel it is likely cheaper here than in AZ. Thanks for your input.

I buy splits for $1 each stick. And those are split and seasoned.

Those larger logs can be 4 splits, medium longs 2 splits, small logs 1 split. But I'd think whole logs are cheaper cause theres no labor in them.

$40-$50 if you deliver close by. $10 less if they come and pick it up

I give two 1/2 gallons of George Dickel for a trailer that big full of split pecan. Delivered.

I pay $100.00 for full size pickup filled to top of bed
they unload and stack

Looking at your trailer that's a 6' x 10' by approximately 1' tall, so you're near or about 60 cubic feet. A full cord of wood is ~90 cubic foot of wood (though the whole pile should measure 128 cubic feet) and where I live (eastern North Carolina) I pay $120 for a half cord and $220 for a full cord. But that's of split and cured wood and what you have is green and unsplit so it's tough to put a price on it, but if you were selling in my area I would happily give you $50.

It's worth 100 racks of ribs, 50 pork butts. 50 briskets and an indefinite amount of sausage. :mrgreen:

If it aint split and seasoned the most id offer is to haul away from your house for free. If you lived far from me id charge $20.

There's lots of trees in MI

Hmmmm my $200.00 offer sounding pretty good...:wink:
Heck I'll make it $600.00 and you won't have to take the trailer home with you...:mrgreen:

Thanks for the input guys. I've got it up for a very nominal charge. I've already given away a lot of it to friends who smoke, but they've all got kamados so they don't use a ton. May just throw up another wood rack and get that fire pit I've been eyeing for a while.

Back