This is what a year of not cleaning your pellet smoker looks like...

I usually have to scrape the inside out with a putty knife at least once a year to deep clean. Do you notice a longer time for combustion when you don't empty the pot?

hard to believe all that ash didn't cause a malfunction

If I don't clean the pot every other cook, then I'm going to get a flame-out. I'm impressed that still works with all that ash. Must be a great design to be able to still function.

Having been a big pellet guy for many years now I typically clean mine out once every couple months or after a really big long cook. Ash has to go somewhere.

Depending on the length of cook I clean every 2-4 cooks. Never really went any longer. No biggy really because it's not bad to clean. I have a little 1x1 shop vac that works perfectly.

For me a year might be 6 cooks. M I clean it out after every cook because I never know when I'll use it next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m surprised that it didn’t have more ash! After a year I figured it would be full.

I try to clean mine every time, but have waited to 2 or 3 cooks when doing something short like chicken or ribs.

That's a lot of ash buildup! I clean my CH5 after no more than 3 cooks (depends on length of cook). I bought one of those stainless ash vacs with the fire resistant liner and have had no issues with mine. I do wait until the next day to vacuum it out though. The porcelain racks fit in my Maytag dishwasher lower basket and I run them on the HD clean/Steam clean/Sanitize cycle and they come out like new using the Cascade Platinum pods.

I have a shop vac.. so I clean mine out every cook.. I figure it as a "why not" situation lol

That's the beauty of Camp Chefs. You can easily dump the firepot after/before every cook.

Back