Crowd Cow Ribeye Sales

MountainMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Twice now I’ve purchased Ribeye’s from Crowd Cow during a sale.

Each time I’ve received several ribeye’s that I’ve deemed to be a thinner, tougher, and have the lest taste of any ribeye than I’ve become use to from others.

Has any else experienced this or is it just my imagination?

TNX

Nothing is equal. So yer observation is in all likelihood...correct.

-D

Crowd Cow,sale.Yep,seems right. Never used them.Probably won’t.Thanks.

I had some cowboy ribeyes awhile back that were food and some a5 olive Wagyu, but I stopped ordering from them and order almost exclusively through creekstone when they run sales. Seems I get better or just as good meat at a better price and more consistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got some A5 ribeyes from them that were pretty amazing, and on sale.

Need more details on what exactly you ordered

There's a reason those meats end up in the "sale bin." I've had similar experiences with Snake River Farms and I'll never buy from them during a "sale" of any kind.

I 100% agree with this theory on meat sales no matter where
I always assumed that the sales were for meat that is running out on "sell by XX date" time.
I was shopping in my local store some time back and they had veal cutlets on sale. The butcher told me that they would have to discard the meat if they did not sell it by the next day. I offered to buy all they had on hand if the price was right. The price was right and I wet home with a sh** load of vela cutlets that got frozen and consumed over a period of time. None if it was sub standard.

+1 on the sale meat - and Crowd Cow in general; I’ve wasted too much good money on “OK” meat from them that should have been awesome, and I’ve ground enough CC steaks & other cuts into smash burger meat that I can say I’m better off with my local butcher/grocer most of the time.

If I want something special or I’m feeling flush and want to stock up on mail order beef, I will stick to Allen Brothers, as I’ve never received a piece of meat from them that was less than perfect. They’re expensive, but the meat has always been really good.

Back