THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jjshires10

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Jason
What are all you using for gaskets for the doors on your smokers. I converted an old commercial freezer into a smoker, but I need a gasket for the door. The problem is I need a gasket to be 3/4 in thick. I love the lava lock, but they aren't thick enough. I also heard not using anything with fiberglass. Is that true about the fiberglass? Just looking for ideas that would work.
Thanks

I'm not sure about the fiberglass rope on a BBQ, but have you checked out the website https://bbqgaskets.com/

A while back I needed a rope type gasket to reseal my cabinet smoker and they didn't have what I needed on the website. So I called the number at the bottom of the page and I forget the name of the person I spoke to, but he was super nice and very knowledgeable. He was able to find exactly what I needed and get it shipped out quite quickly.

I'm posting the number here because it's on the website so I assume it won't be an issue.

631-648-3403

Good luck and I hope they are able to help you. I did see a 1.25" rope gasket on their website made out of fiberglass, so if fiberglass isn't an issue then they will definitely have you covered.

Back