Just bought this - but what is it?

Star-B-Que

Knows what a fatty is.
I found this cooker at the Pomona swap meet for $30. It's 25 inches across. They told me it might be for making tacos. Does anyone know what it is and how to use it? From the discoloration on the center dome, it looks like all the heat was in the center.

round_cooker.jpg

This is for preparing Bulgogi, a Korean "BBQ" beef dish using meat similar to Kobe beef.

The meat is cooked on the dome, with a liquid or broth around the outside. This is many times powered by a gas or charcoal tabletop stove.

Glenn

Let's settle on a Korean BBQ Taco cooker that doubles as a hat warmer! LOL...

turn over the pan its upside down

I was at the local Hispanic market yesterday and they have those pans in different sizes but thats the bottom for sure

It deffinately is used like the position it is in. Weather it was originally a Asian design or Hispanic. It sets over a flame and meat is cooked on dome.

It is a pan for making taco shells or flour shells. There used to be a mexican resteraunt in Decatur Ill, that would make the shells fresh infront of you using these pans. I think Alton Brown did a show on Good Eats on how to make the shell and cook the shells.

Back