Johnny Trigg Ribs

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The process has peaked my interest. Sometime, not today- it’s lightning outside.
Be prepared.

Last edited:
Works well. Love the parkay.

For anyone that detests that brand/ingredients, real butter or the land o lakes squeeze stuff is also great.

Got hit by rain here. Smells amazing! :grin:
Good luck with the ribs!

I did my last ribs very similarly based on an idea from Malcolm Reed.
My home made rub is very similar to the one Johnny used.
The biggest difference would be the Tiger Sauce, which I love. Just Parkay, brown sugar and honey on mine.
They were very good, sweet, a little heat from the rub, almost rib candy.
The addition of the Tiger sauce should be great!

I tried it a few times in my early days of rib smoking and added honey, brown sugar. They were ok candy ribs. Not my flavor profile.

Can't get the Tiger Sauce in downside up land but would go with some Siracha. No shortage of alternatives. No Parkay here either but in my Keto world, use butter. Butter is flavour and no sense in substituting one fat for another in this case. Where I pull out is the sweet flavor profile. Any amount of sweetness is overpowering for me. Maybe just a microscopic sprinkle of a light palm sugar at most to balance but not sweeten. As for Johnny's 3-2-1 method, I did that once and it was OK. Need to do this again before going hot and fast.

I use his method but instead of saucing at the end I add another layer of rub and back on the smoker to set the sauce made from the wrap, it makes a good candy crust dry rib.
100-4120.jpg

100-4124.jpg

Here's a different recipe I copied from FB, it's supposed to be from his class but I've never seen him use a stick of butter or minced onions.

It's on the internet so it must be true, Right!:loco:

Johnny-Triggs-rib-recipe.jpg

What is a RIBE?

Attachments

• D7B4E97B-7C19-4074-852E-237956398C25.jpeg
    D7B4E97B-7C19-4074-852E-237956398C25.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 258
The whole Parkay and brown sugar wrap makes my teeth hurt when I think about it.

Not trashing Mr. Trigg. He dialed in a consistently prize winning rib recipe for competitions and he's earned every honor.

I guess sweet is what wins in one bite comps.

I cook to eat more than one bite. Sweet ribs just aren't my thing. I like a more savory taste.

Back