Changing of the Wood!!!

SpratBoy

Knows what a fatty is.
I have what may be a dumb question, but I'd like to know what others have experienced - I am cooking on an assassin, but I only use Hickory chunks for flavor - I seasoned the smoker with Hickory, and have cooked only with Hickory since I got the smoker about a year ago - When I get done with the comp season in the Fall, I want to try fruit wood instead - If I change the type of wood from what I usually use, would that create an off flavor? I just don't know if there would be any residual Hickory taste that would mix with something different...

Never had a problem switching woods in my stick burner or any of my smokers.

Many Thanks Folks!
I wanted to make sure and give the wood change a fair test - looks like I'll be good to go...

No you won't get an off flavor, fruit woods are typically milder in smoke flavor and won't overpower the taste of lighter flavored meats like chicken breast and pork loin. You'll be surprised with the great flavor of the meat shinning through.......

I enjoy the lighter flavors of apple and peach. I change it up often and never encountered any residual flavor carry over from hickory or oak use

Probably a good reason to buy a second smoker. One for Hickory and one for Pecan.....You might be on to something here.....

Probably a good reason to buy a second smoker. One for Hickory and one for Pecan.....You might be on to something here.....

Than I need several. Pecan, Apple, Cherry, Hickory, Maple, Oak.... 6 smokers...... I'll be broke and divorced.... Lol...

Back